Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navy Fed - 3 cards?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Navy Fed - 3 cards?

I've scoured the forum for posts about people having 3 credit cards from Navy Federal and have only found info like:

-they only allow you to have 2 cards
-they no longer allow you to combine limits

I have the flagship and cash rewards both each at $22k (for a bit over a year now).

I tried CLI on cash rewards first and nothing happened. No acknowledgement that I pushed any buttons. No email or anything. Fearing a hard pull and for no other good reason, i app' for the goRewards immediately thereafter.

Then I received notice I was hard pulled (with the new application). After having to verifying income a couple days later, they just approved me for $4500.

I really just wanted a CLI on the cash rewards card in the first place.

Why do you think the $4500 approval in terms of that amount? To keep it from being a signature visa (not that I care, at all). Is my "internal limit" $48.5? Do others have 3 cards from Navy Fed?
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
UpperNwGuy
Valued Contributor

Re: Navy Fed - 3 cards?

There's a former NFCU employee who sometimes posts on here.  Maybe we'll hear something from them about number of cards NFCU will issue to one person and the max combined credit limits.

Daily Carry: PenFed Power Cash • NFCU Flagship • NFCU More Rewards • Chase Freedom
Sock Drawer: PenFed Promise • NFCU cashRewards • Chase Sapphire Preferred • Chase Freedom Unlimited • United Explorer • UNFCU Azure
Message 2 of 8
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Obviously 3 is possible as you just saw. I think youve hit the internal limit for now. But quite possible later on you can get your 3rd card to 20k+ . That drives me insane that when you apply for something you never get any sort of response or acknowledgement that you had put in the application that happened to me recently on a CLI request.
Message 3 of 8
Scupra
Super Contributor

I have seen some success stories regarding a 3rd card from NFCU. I have to agree with @AverageJoesCredit here, you are probably at your internal limit. Once you have had the card a while I am sure it will grow. Congrats on obtaining the 3rd card though!

Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 4 of 8
mrldp40
Established Contributor

In a previous post I told about asking if 3 cards were just for the elite credit members.
Navy said all members can have 3 cards idk what score or type file you would need she wouldn't say
ready to start a rebuild ex 533 eq 518 tu 541
inquiries EQ 2 EX 0 TU 1 multiple charge off current card green dot secured 500
Message 5 of 8
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Id imagine after building some history that would help. Perhaps those that can make Navy some money, lol, ( higher income) and other factors. Well never know but for me quite honestly, 2 is all i want or need. With the Cash Rewards, i can get a little money back for my spend which is better than not getting anything. The Platinum is perfect if i want to carry a balance or do any balance transfers. I find no need for the Flagship, which has an annual fee or Gorewards. I dont have enough spend lol. To each their own but ill be happy with 2 10k cards( preferably 20 but thats living on the edgeSmiley Wink )
Message 6 of 8
Scupra
Super Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Id imagine after building some history that would help. Perhaps those that can make Navy some money, lol, ( higher income) and other factors. Well never know but for me quite honestly, 2 is all i want or need. With the Cash Rewards, i can get a little money back for my spend which is better than not getting anything. The Platinum is perfect if i want to carry a balance or do any balance transfers. I find no need for the Flagship, which has an annual fee or Gorewards. I dont have enough spend lol. To each their own but ill be happy with 2 10k cards( preferably 20 but thats living on the edgeSmiley Wink )

I feel like I wrote this Smiley Very Happy I love my cashRewards and Platinum and use them this exact way.

Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 7 of 8
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Scupra wrote:

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:

I feel like I wrote this Smiley Very Happy I love my cashRewards and Platinum and use them this exact way.

LOL...

I also have this same combo of cards Smiley Happy 

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.