Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navy Fed CLI SUCCESS

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Navy Fed CLI SUCCESS

Just wanted to let everyone know that I requested and was granted a CLI of 10k to bring my total limit to 30k. Scores below. There was an EQ INQ to go along with it. That makes my 6th on EQ less on the others. One drops off in august. 

I was about 48% util on that card (only card with a balance) Paying it down at about 1k/mo and/or every spare cent I can get my hands on but I wanted to improve my overall score by reducing  util. and growing that account.

Thanks for listening

Message Edited by lphelps on 07-22-2009 04:26 PM
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

Re: Navy Fed CLI SUCCESS

Nice! Great job!
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!

How long have you had the account?

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

late 2006
Message 4 of 7
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

If you don't mind my asking, what's your income to secure a 30k NFCU CL?
Here we go again...
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

From reading other posts, I have seen many people with modest incomes have large CL's based upon FICO/credit and history with NFCU moreso than income.  It seems that if you can prove responsible use and ability to manage, NFCU gives you much more freedom on CL's than most.

I hope that the general population of NFCU respects and honors this, I'd hate to see this ruined down the road because of increasing default rates, etc.

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah treat them right so they treat us right.

I'm sitting at low six figures right now.

I'm not sure what the relationship is between CL's and income because I feel like a CL of 30% of my income is insignificant.. 

Also Citi gave me a CL of 2k.. I called them and requested recon because 2k is worthless can't even balance xfer to that.. they claimed that my household income wasn't sufficient to justify the 5k I requested.. really?  really? lol /boggle

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.