Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navy Fed Question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Navy Fed Question

So i have a NFCU savings account and a Cash rewards card ($500 limit ): 

my queastion is if i add my wife to the account because were using this account as a house savings and using CDs and such i would like to get her the secured card because she has zero cards reporting on her profile. Now if she does get the card will that go agasint my 3 cards that i am allowed with them? I eventually wanna get the platinum and flagship. Will she be able to get 3 cards and me also or 3 between us?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Appleman
Valued Contributor

Re: Navy Fed Question

She could get her own Navy account. That you each would eligible for 3 cards if that is a concern for you. Also, Navy makes it very easy to transfer money between related members.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

We don't really want any more accounts we currently have 6 accounts between us.
Message 3 of 5
EAJuggalo
Established Contributor

As a DP, my wife was forced to join Navy on her own with her own Share account in order to be added to my checking.  What we have always done is have the cards in one of our names or the other and then add the other as an AU.  No cards that are actually joint.

EX700 TU 704 EQ 694 4/03/22
Cap1 QS-$4,500 Chase Freedom Flex- $800 Chase Freedom Unlimited- $1,000 Victoria's Secret- $1,200 Citi DC- $800 Amazon Store Card- $3,500 AMEX Hilton Honors-$1,000 Discover It-$1,000 Wal-Mart MC $290 Chase Sapphire Preferred-$5,000 NFCU Flagship $13,800 AMEX BCE-$1,000 AMEX Gold-$5,000 AMEX Delta Blue $1,000 Lowe's $5,000 Navy Platinum $17,000 AMEX BBP $2,000
Message 4 of 5
UpperNwGuy
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
We don't really want any more accounts we currently have 6 accounts between us.

In that case, it looks like you might have to accept 7 accounts instead of 6.  Or you could close one of your other accounts so that your total remains at 6.

Daily Carry: PenFed Power Cash • NFCU Flagship • NFCU More Rewards • Chase Freedom
Sock Drawer: PenFed Promise • NFCU cashRewards • Chase Sapphire Preferred • Chase Freedom Unlimited • United Explorer • UNFCU Azure
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.