Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navy Fed Visa Signature Question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Navy Fed Visa Signature Question

werty, is it worth to pays AF of $49?   Do you travel a lot and can use the rewards you earn before it expires in 5 yrs?

If they let you,  why don't you switch to the cashRewards instead?   It earns same 1% on every purchase and pts never expires with NO AF and better than nRewards.

* I do keep my nRewards because of it is my oldest cc even its rewards program is not that good any more.

Message 11 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

werty, is it worth to pays AF of $49?   Do you travel a lot and can use the rewards you earn before it expires in 5 yrs?

If they let you,  why don't you switch to the cashRewards instead?   It earns same 1% on every purchase and pts never expires with NO AF and better than nRewards.

* I do keep my nRewards because of it is my oldest cc even its rewards program is not that good any more.

In the big picture yes it is. I buy roughly 6 airline tickets a year, rent a car once (card covers deductible in case of accident), and put around 45k a year through that card. So with the tickets basically being 2 points a dollar and the visa gift card being 1.5 points per dollar it makes sense for me to move to the card even with the annual fee. 

I know it isn't the best card out there but I like NFCU and it is just a PC so no need for another hard inq on my report. I choose not to manage through multiple cards with revolving 5% categories like some do. I find good enough for me just to use one card. I get too confused otherwise! 

Message 12 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

In the big picture yes it is. I buy roughly 6 airline tickets a year, rent a car once (card covers deductible in case of accident), and put around 45k a year through that card. So with the tickets basically being 2 points a dollar and the visa gift card being 1.5 points per dollar it makes sense for me to move to the card even with the annual fee. 

I know it isn't the best card out there but I like NFCU and it is just a PC so no need for another hard inq on my report. I choose not to manage through multiple cards with revolving 5% categories like some do. I find good enough for me just to use one card. I get too confused otherwise! 

That is a good reason to go for it!
You know yourself well and very clever!   But, whenever you are ready, app for another one that come with simple rewards program ... then you don't have to keep up with 5% categories.  

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.