Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navy Fed Will Merge $604M USA Fed

tag
Cory
Established Contributor

Re: Navy Fed Will Merge $604M USA Fed

You never really know. Navy FCU may accept him in the future as he anticipates. At this time, all of the banking institution are shaky, but I have heard plenty of stories of people being in terrible situations with bank, credit card companies etc, and getting back in.

He should keep his hopes up, and apply. Looks like the man got a plan to me, lol. You just never know, it might work out perfectly.

Cory

Message 61 of 206
laz98
Senior Contributor

@Tazman81 wrote:

@laz98 wrote:

i'm so disappointed!  i got excited when i saw this thread, because i too have been dying to get into NFCU.  i went through almost the entire freaking process, only to find out they want you to scan or fax in your paystubs.  i'm a student, i don't have any freaking paystubs!  i'm so mad.  their FAQ are nonexistent.

Were you applying for one of their credit products?  Why are they requesting pay stubs?  I don't think they have a "minimum salary" requirement for their checking/savings account..  Maybe you can just get a savings account with them, which technically is all you need for your foot in the door for NFCU.

yes & no.  i wasn't initially going to apply for any credit products, but they said i was preapproved, & i didn't see a place where i could change my options, so i just put it through that way.  i guess they request pay stubs from everyone.  when i did the online chat thing, the person said it's to see if you qualify for loan products.  i told him/her i wasn't looking for a loan, & they said to just go ahead & submit my documents!  so we'll see.  i did just want to get a savings account to begin with, but it only gave me an option to get a checking, so i was like darn!  i don't need another checking account!

Message 62 of 206
stan_the_man
Established Contributor

I didn't see an option for just savings (or for that matter savings at all).

I think there was an option during the process to unselect the CC app, but I don't remember (and that was only 5 hours ago).

Message 63 of 206
oracles
Valued Contributor

Hey Taz

They only offered me the checking and credit card options. Nothing about a savings account.

I only applied for the checking account because that is really all you need in order to get into Navy if this actually does work.

Also for Laz, they also asked me for paystubs and i only wanted the checking acoount so i think they are asking that of everyone.

I only gave my proof of ID documents and not my paystubs.

Message 64 of 206
Datx
Valued Contributor

There wasnt a savings option, but I got signed up for one. My new USA Fed checking and savings account is live and good to go. Unfortunately I did not get an offer for a CC, but I can understand why, my EX report is the worse compared to my EQ and TU.

Message 65 of 206
oracles
Valued Contributor

@MyCreditStinks wrote:

There wasnt a savings option, but I got signed up for one. My new USA Fed checking and savings account is live and good to go. Unfortunately I did not get an offer for a CC, but I can understand why, my EX report is the worse compared to my EQ and TU.

When did you apply and how long did it take for them to approve you?

Did you have to send in paystubs in order to be approved for the checking and savings account?

Message 66 of 206
Datx
Valued Contributor

@oracles wrote:

When did you apply and how long did it take for them to approve you?

Did you have to send in paystubs in order to be approved for the checking and savings account?

I submitted my application yesterday afternoon between 4pm-5pm. Got the email replies around 5pm today with info on how to login to online banking and welcoming me to USA Fed.  I did upload my IDs as well as my paystubs since that is what they asked for. I never understood why they wanted paystubs though, I was never asked for paystubs to be approved for a checking account from big banks and even my local CU before.

Message 67 of 206
Tazman81
Established Contributor

@Cory wrote:

You never really know. Navy FCU may accept him in the future as he anticipates. At this time, all of the banking institution are shaky, but I have heard plenty of stories of people being in terrible situations with bank, credit card companies etc, and getting back in.

He should keep his hopes up, and apply. Looks like the man got a plan to me, lol. You just never know, it might work out perfectly.

Cory

True....  my goal is to "force" them to service loans and then I will be able to re-establish a good payment history with them (because they have taken over my loans from USAFed).  In normal circumstance, I would not be able to get back with NFCU and they would likely not give me a loan because of the bankruptcy.  But even doing this doesn't mean that they will give me future credit.  I just think it looks better if an institution can start making money off of you, or you are actually showing a good payment history with that particular institution.  That was all that I was saying.  It's my little backdoor plan I guess.  Yes, maybe a little flaw, and maybe it will not work, but since the opportunity arose, i thought I would try it.  Hahaha.  That is of course if I can get this verification thing to work!  Smiley Very Happy

Current Score: Eq: 823 Tu: 830
Goal Score: Eq: 850 Tu: 850

Wallet: PenFed Power Cash 50k | AMEX Blue Cash (AU) 49.5k | Cap One QSMC 26.5k | AMEX Platinum NPSL | USAA Signature Visa 25k
Message 68 of 206
Tazman81
Established Contributor

@stan_the_man wrote:

I didn't see an option for just savings (or for that matter savings at all).

I think there was an option during the process to unselect the CC app, but I don't remember (and that was only 5 hours ago).

yeah, i am thinking that the savings account must be a given or something.  And they just give you the option to get the checking account as well.

Wallet: PenFed Power Cash 50k | AMEX Blue Cash (AU) 49.5k | Cap One QSMC 26.5k | AMEX Platinum NPSL | USAA Signature Visa 25k
Message 69 of 206
Tazman81
Established Contributor

@oracles wrote:

Hey Taz

They only offered me the checking and credit card options. Nothing about a savings account.

I only applied for the checking account because that is really all you need in order to get into Navy if this actually does work.

Also for Laz, they also asked me for paystubs and i only wanted the checking acoount so i think they are asking that of everyone.

I only gave my proof of ID documents and not my paystubs.

Good to know...  Let us know how it turns out, because like you, why would you have to give paystubs if you are only getting a checking/savings account.  That seems weird.  I did notice something though, on the page that you have to put in your checking account information from a different financial instituion for the EFT of the initial deposit, it says the deposit is to the savings account.  So maybe the savings account is a given product that you must have (which is how it is at most credit unions).  Keep us posted.

Message 70 of 206
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.