Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navy Fed increase or new card?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Navy Fed increase or new card?

I have had the cash rewards card now for almost two years, always paid on time. I always have an auto loan, always on time. Good history with the bank for years.

My cash rewards card, at first I was offered a higher limit but asked for a lower limit at 9k. 6 months or so ago they did a limit increase to 11,100 on their own without me asking. 

Just paid my balance down to 2k.

Can I ask for an increase now or should I apply for the platinum? I need a 25 k limit now. 

Fico 8 around 700 + across all three CB 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Girlzilla88
Valued Contributor

Re: Navy Fed increase or new card?

@Anonymous    Why not shoot for both?!     Sounds like you are in a good spot for another card, and afterwards you can ask for a CLI via online to see if you can get a CLI on your CR Smiley Very Happy

Message 2 of 6
AllZero
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I have had the cash rewards card now for almost two years, always paid on time. I always have an auto loan, always on time. Good history with the bank for years.

My cash rewards card, at first I was offered a higher limit but asked for a lower limit at 9k. 6 months or so ago they did a limit increase to 11,100 on their own without me asking. 

Just paid my balance down to 2k.

Can I ask for an increase now or should I apply for the platinum? I need a 25 k limit now. 

Fico 8 around 700 + across all three CB 

Based on the data you provided, I think your outlook is good on a 2nd card for the Platinum, perhaps with a 5 digit credit limit. Good luck. Hope to see your approval in the approval forum.

For your reading pleasure. Navy Federal Thread for CLI and Additional Cards

Message 3 of 6
cashorcharge
Community Leader
Super Contributor

I've read this a lot @Girlzilla88 

Apply for the 2nd first, then do the CLI

Message 4 of 6
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@cashorcharge wrote:

I've read this a lot @Girlzilla88 

Apply for the 2nd first, then do the CLI

+100

Message 5 of 6
MrZero
Regular Contributor

Yeah, new card before CLI, even a smallish one could cause you to hit the wall, boy did I learn that lesson.😂

Updated 8/12/22.

Total Inquiries: EX: 1|TU: 1|EQ: 1
Derogs: 0
AAoA: 2Y1M
AoOA: 2Y6M.
AoYA: 1Y1M.
Total CL: 57,600
Utilization: ~1%

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.