Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navy Fed or USAA Question??

tag
beautybrainsbooty
Regular Contributor

Navy Fed or USAA Question??

Do USAA and NFCU use the same scoring system for credit card approvals? I am basically trying to figure out do I wait to apply with NFCU since I have a new USAA. I also have new TLs that just hit my good looking EQ cr.  Orrrrr go for it right now and start gardening everything together? Decisions. Decisions. Scores/TLs are in my sig. Advice/navagation tips very much appreciated. 

started mid 500's. Disputed incorrect items and within a month or two my scores have skyrocketed and continue to do so
EQ: 755 as of 8/2013
TU: 700
Experian(or as I call them, the devil) I have no clue, they haven't released my report
Goal=801 across the board!!! Not too far from this, hoping to garden until Christmas 2013
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Re: Navy Fed or USAA Question??

They both pull Equifax, for the most part.  Personally I'd app sooner than later so that the account can start aging.  I've never done business with NFCU, but from what I've  heard they don't deny unless your credit is horrid.

Message 2 of 8
iMacDrew
Frequent Contributor

Navyfederal will work with you. It was the first card I ever got and have no intention on ever closing it. Their cli are generous and apr aren't bad. I have no relationship with usaa as far as cc but from what I see on their site they offer low apr cards. 

Lender pulled 10-10-13
EQ Fico 715 | EX Fico 714 | TU Fico 703
Message 3 of 8
beautybrainsbooty
Regular Contributor

thanks you guys! I am excited to see an approval from them. One more question, do you think new accounts opening on CR will hurt me at all?

started mid 500's. Disputed incorrect items and within a month or two my scores have skyrocketed and continue to do so
Experian(or as I call them, the devil) I have no clue, they haven't released my report
Goal=801 across the board!!! Not too far from this, hoping to garden until Christmas 2013
Message 4 of 8
iMacDrew
Frequent Contributor

It will drop your score but it really depends on aaoa and other factors like credit limits and uti

Lender pulled 10-10-13
Message 5 of 8
beautybrainsbooty
Regular Contributor

thanks drew!

Message 6 of 8
iMacDrew
Frequent Contributor

@beautybrainsbooty wrote:

thanks drew!

No problem. I'm stuck on a 24 hr duty got nothing better to do ! 

Lender pulled 10-10-13
Message 7 of 8
A_Madel
Contributor

Good luck Smiley Wink Let us now how it goes!

Current: EQ 791 / TU 788 / EX 752 FICO's (MyFico, Oct 2012)

*** NFCU Plat | USAA CR Amex | PenFed TR Amex | BOA Gold | JP Morgan Select | Amex BCP | Amex PRG | USAA Plat ***
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.