Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navy Federal Approval...

tag
blazerein
Established Contributor

Navy Federal Approval...

WOW NFCU really rocks!!! -  My Wife got an approval for VisaRewards CC for 5K with a 650EQ score.  After a month her EQ score increased by 25pts and applied for unsecured personal loan.  BAM - approved for 10K. NFCU only pulled EQ and TU.  She also received a pre-approval for AMEX Costco card but still waiting for her EX score to increase before applying.

Thank you all for all your help.  My FICO ROCKS !!!

AAoA 6yrs 3mos | Inquries: TU5/EQ5/EX8 | Utilization: 9% | Mortgage: 1 | Auto Loan: 2 | Personal Loan: 2 | Derogatory: 0

> >CREDIT UNION

EX- 585, TU- 583, EQ- 563 | CURRENT SCORE UPDATED: 2/2023 -> FICO 8 EX 754 TU 741 EQ 755 | FICO 9 EX 747 EQ 763 TU 756
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Navy Federal Approval...

@blazerein wrote:

WOW NFCU really rocks!!! -  My Wife got an approval for VisaRewards CC for 5K with a 650EQ score.  After a month her EQ score increased by 25pts and applied for unsecured personal loan.  BAM - approved for 10K. NFCU only pulled EQ and TU.  She also received a pre-approval for AMEX Costco card but still waiting for her EX score to increase before applying.

Thank you all for all your help.  My FICO ROCKS !!! 

Congratulations!    Which rewards card did she app for?    We are glad you like us.

Message 2 of 13
blazerein
Established Contributor

She got approved for cashRewards VISA

AAoA 6yrs 3mos | Inquries: TU5/EQ5/EX8 | Utilization: 9% | Mortgage: 1 | Auto Loan: 2 | Personal Loan: 2 | Derogatory: 0

> >CREDIT UNION

EX- 585, TU- 583, EQ- 563 | CURRENT SCORE UPDATED: 2/2023 -> FICO 8 EX 754 TU 741 EQ 755 | FICO 9 EX 747 EQ 763 TU 756
Message 3 of 13
RockinRay
Valued Contributor

WOW! Very nice and congrats to you!  Smiley Happy

Ray

Ray

** Every Card has a Job, and Every Card does its Job **
Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

CONGRATS!!!

NFCU is great, and they have excellent customer service.

Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@blazerein wrote:

She got approved for cashRewards VISA

Very Good!   Good choice ~

Message 6 of 13
Chaos122
Regular Contributor

Congrats, how did you qualify for membership?  My dad works for the DoD, but nfcu said for me to be a member, he would have to join first, then i could join.. I cant just show proof of his emoployment and join.  And hes not really interested in joining himself.

Starting Score: TU 608, Eq 618
Current Score: TU 797 Eq 792, Ex 805 (psecu)
Goal Score: 840 across the board

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 7 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Chaos122 wrote:

Congrats, how did you qualify for membership?  My dad works for the DoD, but nfcu said for me to be a member, he would have to join first, then i could join.. I cant just show proof of his emoployment and join.  And hes not really interested in joining himself.

Probably not.

Ask your dad to join.  Maybe if you tell him the truth that it will only take him a few minutes over the phone he'll help you.

Message 8 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

The first person I spoke to said that for me and my wife to join, her mom (retired Army) would have to join first.

The next 3 people I talked to (first to ask about it, then for my wife to join through her mom's eligibility, then for me to join through my wife) said it was enough that her mom was eligibile to join, she didn't actually need to be a member.

Message 9 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

none

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.