cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navy Federal Credit Union - Credit Card Success!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Navy Federal Credit Union - Credit Card Success!

Hey everyone I just thought I would share a recent success story that I just had with NFCU. First, I have

had a very hard time getting any nice size credit limits with the big 10. I have a Chase Marriott card that I have

had for two years and the CL is 5000, they will not give me a increase ever, always denied. I have a BoA Amex card CL is 2500 had this for three years (my first card) always denied CL increases. However I found this forum last month and my luck has changed alot due to the information contained on this site. I have a 695 EFX score and 36 months of credit history. Since reading on this forum I have successfully applied for and was approved for the following: ( Alliant Credit Union Visa =5K, USAA Amex =10K, USAA Mastercard =10K, Cabelas Visa =2K,

and RBS Kroger Mastercard =6K). Today however is my biggest success story yet, after reading all of your forum comments and suggestions I applied for a NFCU Mastercard, I didnt get an instant answer online but the next day I woman from NFCU called me and asked for me to fax her a recent paystub, I did that yesterday and today I called in to find out status and was informed I was approved for $20K 8.99% fixed rate!!!! I would like to thank all of the contributors on this site who provides success stories, because without this info I would have never gone to NFCU. I word of advice to all the Credit Unions seem to be having no problem giving out high CL's at the moment, dont waste your time with commercial bank like Chase or BoA you wont be happy with them, check out USAA, Alliant, PedFed, and Navy FCU and you wont be sorry.

Platinum card image

Congratulations! Based on your creditworthiness, you have been approved for a Platinum MasterCard credit card. Your new credit line will be $20,000.00. Your APR will be 8.99%. You should receive your new card(s) in 7-10 normal mail delivery days.

Message Edited by JeremyATL on 05-14-2009 01:21 PM
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
kyobakes
New Contributor

Re: Navy Federal Credit Union - Credit Card Success!

Congrats - what's your income level?
Message 2 of 6
Dee2
New Contributor

2nd the Congratulations!!!
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did you have to become a member first?  What are your scores?
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Way to go Jeremy.
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

My FICO was 695 (EFX) They only pulled EFX and Im glad because that is my high score and EXP is my lowest.

Yes I did have to become a member and open up a checking account with them, you can instantly become a member online with them and then they will give you your ACCESS# you have to use this number to apply for any loans or credit cards. If you apply and have at least what my EFX score was at the time (695) and dont get a immediate response dont worry, then it is likely that they are going to call you and ask for your paystub I was told that the auto approval system only works for moderate credit lines and any thing over 15K you will get a pending message and then the phone call for paystubs so if you apply and dont get an immediate decision it may be that you qualify for a high CL and they need your paystubs.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.