Starting Score: 546
Current Score: 666
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 11 of 27
ddiamond
Valued Member

Re: Navy Federal Credit Union Credit Card

I am so shocked! Navy Federal approved me for a cashrewards visa with a credit limit of 3,500.

Message 12 of 27
bakalao2k
Frequent Contributor

congrats on the approval and nice limit.  way to go!

TU - 737 - 02/21/09, 769 - 02/06/10, 795 - 09/08/10
EQ - 758 - 02/21/09, 783 - 02/06/10, 805 - 09/08/10
EX (PLUS) - 781 03/23/09, 787 - 02/06/10, 783 - 08/09/10
Message 13 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ddiamond wrote:

I am so shocked! Navy Federal approved me for a cashrewards visa with a credit limit of 3,500.

Congratulations!!   

cashRewards VISA's rewards program is better than nRewards VISA's rewards program ... you know that?

They used had 2000 points for $20 gift card (or could be 2500 points for $25 gift card, I for got) on nRewards, but not anymore.   Plus it expires in 4 years.  So, I am keeping my nRewards VISA as an emergency cc alone with cashRewards VISA. 

cashRewards    Rewards expiration: None

nRewards           Point Expiration: 4 years

Message 14 of 27
anderl
Frequent Contributor

NFCU is the best!!!-was instantly approved a year ago for the FlagShip Visa for 10K-then 6 mnths later was given 2.5K CL increase!- and this week was given another 2.5K! -bringing my FlagShip SIGNATURE Visa(was auto-upgraded to Signature Visa and  DOES REPORT CL) to 15K in one year!Smiley Surprised

Amex Platinum Charge(NPSL); Starwood Amex Preferred CC(20K CL); Diners Club ELITE MC(20K);Diners Club Premier MC(20K,could've sworn the rep said 25k, oh well lol);Delta Amex Reserve CC(21K CL); Amex PRG Charge(NPSL); United Presidential Plus Chase World Elite MC (15K CL); AARP Chase Visa Signature(35K CL); NFCU Visa Platinum(20K CL) NFCU LOC(15K); NFCU Go Rewards MC(17.5K); Disover IT 7.8K;
First Tech Federal Visa Platinum(15K CL); Simmons First Visa Platinum(9K CL); Wells Fargo Visa Platinum(7.5K CL); CitiBank Sears MC(6K CL); JCPenney Card(7.5K CL); Lowes(2.5K CL);Barclays Mile & More Lufthansa 12.5K.
Message 15 of 27
ddiamond
Valued Member

what is the difference in the flagship card vs. the cash rewards card? Is one better than the other? How often does Navy Federal give CLI's

Message 16 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

It is good for the people who travels a lot.   It depend on your life style and needs.

To me, cashRewards is better than Flagship.  

Visa Signature® Flagship Rewards  Superior Travel Rewards and Preferred Discounts

Annual Fee:  $491   

Credit Line:  $5,000 minimum.

Point Redemption:  Start redeeming at 10,000 points for airline tickets, hotel stays, merchandise, gift cards and cash.

Earn 1.5% cash back on net purchases of $10,000.01 and greater, or 1.0% cash back on net purchases up to $10,000.00 within the 12 month period beginning on the date your account is opened, and each succeeding year.

Point Limits:  120,000 points annually

Point Expiration:  5 years

Additional Benefits

Check at https://www.navyfcu.org/products-services/cards/creditcards/flagship.php

Message 17 of 27
ddiamond
Valued Member

So yesterday I was approved for the Navy federal card for 3500.00. Since I was approved for their visa, I figured I would try my luck with their mastercard, to see if I could get approved from a high dollar amount. I want to have at least 2 high dollar amount cards so I can close my 2 cards with low credit limits( capital one,300 cl and credit one, 400 cl). Has anyone ever been approved for more than one navy federal credit card within days of each other? Or is it likely they wil deny me because I was just approved for one of their cards a couple days prior?

Message 18 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ddiamond wrote:

So yesterday I was approved for the Navy federal card for 3500.00. Since I was approved for their visa, I figured I would try my luck with their mastercard, to see if I could get approved from a high dollar amount. I want to have at least 2 high dollar amount cards so I can close my 2 cards with low credit limits( capital one,300 cl and credit one, 400 cl). Has anyone ever been approved for more than one navy federal credit card within days of each other? Or is it likely they wil deny me because I was just approved for one of their cards a couple days prior?

You probably should have apped for NavChek instead. The reason being that NFCU is good with CLI every 6 months and there is a total max available credit per member (50k I think) and when you have two cards it gets split by the two making it impossible to have a really nice $50k limit card one day.

Message 19 of 27
ddiamond
Valued Member

what is the NavChek?

Message 20 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.