Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navy Federal Credit Union

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Navy Federal Credit Union

I applied for the Platinum Visa through Navy Federal and still waiting on a decision, starting to get worried, it has been 5 days now?  Any suggestions?  Should I call?
Message 11 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

IMO, NFCU is awesome.  My score at the of app was 665.  I had one CO from 6 yrs ago on my report.  My util was <10%.  They approved me for $10k Visa.  My local CU only gave me a $3k limit.  I don't have a lot in the saving acct I have with them, probably about $150.  They did take almost 3 wks to approve my app, but I have a fraud alert on my credit and since I was considered a new member, I had to fax in ID, SS card, utility bill with current addy, pay stubs.  I had to do it twice and then fax my ID again, since they couldnt' read it.  But man, it was worth it.  I can't wait until I hit 700 on my EQ.  I love NFCU.

If you can get a acct, go for it!  They are great!

I wish there was a local branch, but the online access and phone banking is just enough to keep me hooked!

If you apply and you don't receive a response in a few days, call and get an update.

They also send out mail quickly.  Once I got the acct, I received the acct info in about 3 days, I got the CC in less than a wk once approved.  They rock.

Sorry, I'm an NFCU cheerleader

Message 12 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I applied for the Platinum Visa through Navy Federal and still waiting on a decision, starting to get worried, it has been 5 days now?  Any suggestions?  Should I call?

It took them a week for me on my Visa before I got the approval.

For NavCheck they never updated the online status.  To this day it still shows status as Review in Process.  I just got the paperwork in the mail one day, signed it and mailed back.  This took almost 2 weeks.

The main issue is have they contacted you for verification?  If so, you are most likely approved, just pending the verification.  If not, then you just have to wait and see.  You can call in and ask about it, they are very nice and this doesn't hex your application.  Smiley Happy

Message 13 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I faxed Navy Federal my pay stubs this morning, so now I just wait and see. 
Message 14 of 18
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I faxed Navy Federal my pay stubs this morning, so now I just wait and see. 

If they asked for pay stubs, you will more than likely be approved.

Here we go again...
Message 15 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well guys I have to give yah thanks for the moral support.  I was approved today for the Platinum Visa with a $3,500 limit with a 15.9% APR which I know is high, but it is a foot in the door to me building a great relationship and increasing my score.  I had no credit cards so this is great news. 
Message 16 of 18
jaybird201
Established Contributor

They'll soft you on a regular basis to get your most current score; if it goes up, you can almost always get an APR reduction.
Message 17 of 18
Lyythine
Established Contributor

Congrats!!!  Welcome to the family!
Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.