Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navy Federal Credit card

tag
soccer5
Regular Contributor

Re: Navy Federal Credit card

@Monkeylover01 wrote:
I did, in fact, get my information from the source. I spoke to a represenative and she said once youre a member you can refer your family members. Im sure it would never get to the point where they woukd ask for a blood test.

Yes, the representative said that once you are a member you can refer your family members. That does not mean you can sponsor anyone. And you don't seem to understand, if Navy Federal questions your eligibility, the burden of proof is on YOU, not Navy Federal. You will have to come up with documentation that you belong, that you are related to the sponsor or you live in the same household etc. There are a few members of these forums that have had trouble with this very same issue, so I was just making sure people had good information before joining. 

JediNeo, you should be perfectly fine joining NFCU. I'm assuming your mom can join because she either served or because of some other family member. Once she joins, you would be good to join through her sponsoring you. And no, you would not have to live with her, thats only if you didn't meet the family criteria but you still lived with the member. Here's the info from NFCU's website on what family members can join:  

Family Members—including grandparents, parents, spouses, siblings, grandchildren, children (including adopted and stepchildren) and household members

Once your family members have joined, their family members are also eligible for membership.

Starting Score: EX 549 EQ 465 TU 477
Current Score: EX 714 EQ 681 TU 727 EX Fico (PSECU) 683 EQ Fico 676 (MyFico) TU Fico (WalMart) 701 as of 6/6/2014
Goal Score: 700's
Message 41 of 44
JediNeo
Frequent Contributor

@soccer5 thank you for the clarification. My dad severed in the navy, so I assume that qualifies my mother. Hopefully there are no issues as my father has passed.
NFCU Cash Rewards | CSP | Freedom Unlimited | WalMart MC | Target Red MC | Citi Costco | AMEX BCE
Message 42 of 44
soccer5
Regular Contributor

JediNeo, you already qualify through your father. Did he have an account with Navy Federal? That would make it easier, but you should be ok as long as you have his personal info/service records and he was honorably discharged/retired. If he was not a member, you will have to call to join so have his info handy. As far as your mom joining, Navy Federal is a great CU so why not go for it.

Starting Score: EX 549 EQ 465 TU 477
Current Score: EX 714 EQ 681 TU 727 EX Fico (PSECU) 683 EQ Fico 676 (MyFico) TU Fico (WalMart) 701 as of 6/6/2014
Goal Score: 700's
Message 43 of 44
JediNeo
Frequent Contributor

That's even better. He was retired navy. As far as I know he never had an account setup with them. As far my mom opening/changing banks...If you watched Seinfeld, she is kind of like Jerry's nana.
NFCU Cash Rewards | CSP | Freedom Unlimited | WalMart MC | Target Red MC | Citi Costco | AMEX BCE
Message 44 of 44
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.