Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navy Federal Flagship Decision

tag
GatorGuy
Valued Contributor

Navy Federal Flagship Decision

How long did it take for you to get your decision? It told me 3 to 5 business days.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
scarzy
Regular Contributor

Re: Navy Federal Flagship Decision

It's the norm. It doesn't mean you're denied. It took a day or so for an approval for me with the cashrewards.

starting EQ FICO : 526 current EQ FICO : 640 starting TU FICO: 538 current TU FICO : 656

My wallet: Capital One cash rewards $1,300- ~ NFCU signature cash rewards $5,000- ~ NFCU nRewards $5,000- ~ NFCU LOC $1,000- ~ Target $200- ~ Kohl's $300- ~ Walmart $800- ~ Amazon $900- ~ Updated 6/2013

Discharged Ch7 Nov.16, 2012

Message 2 of 9
searchingfor67
Established Contributor

That's normal ops...
TU FICO: 772 (Discover) • Exp FICO: 772 (Citi)

Amex BCE $13K | Amex Costco TE $10.4K | Amex SPG $5K | Chase Freedom Visa Signature $15K | Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature $15K | Chase Ink Plus World Elite MC $5K | Citi TY Preferred World MC $10.1K | Citi Forward $10K | Citi Diamond Pref $7.6K | Discover IT $9.9K | JP Morgan Chase Select Visa Signature $9.2K | NFCU CashRew Visa Sig $25K | NFCU LOC $15K | NFL Visa Signature (Saints) $8.1K | USAA Amex $11.3K | USAA World MC $11.5K
Message 3 of 9
GatorGuy
Valued Contributor

Thanks. Its my first non instant approval so I was just curious. This is my first card through a credit union though.

Message 4 of 9
Pilotdude
Established Contributor

It took me a few more days than the 3-5 they said but thats due to my being a brand spankin new member of the credit union at the same time.  I had to send in some documentation. (income stuff)

Once they had that though, it was pretty fast.  Under one day.

NFCU is a great CU.  However, know that anytime you even think about an app or a CLI, its going to be a HP NO MATTER WHAT THE REP TELLS YOU. lol

Its worth it though. Smiley Happy

NFCU #1 Fan!! NO MOAR APPS TIL 10/13 Minimum!!
TU -746, EX - 721, EQ -745
Cards:NFCU Flag Visa Sig $10000, CSP $8500, AMEX BCP $2000 Freedom $3500, Disc IT $5000, Cap 1 Green $2100, Credit 1 CLOSED! AU on Amex Green, Discover $2000, Cap One Plat $1000
Message 5 of 9
GatorGuy
Valued Contributor

@Pilotdude wrote:

It took me a few more days than the 3-5 they said but thats due to my being a brand spankin new member of the credit union at the same time.  I had to send in some documentation. (income stuff)

NFCU is a great CU.  However, know that anytime you even think about an app or a CLI, its going to be a HP NO MATTER WHAT THE REP TELLS YOU. lol

Thanks for the info. I figured on the HP. I am a brand new member so I figure they will be asking me for more info as well.

Message 6 of 9
DaveinSC
Contributor

A NFCU customer rep PC'd me from a (NFCU) Platinum card to the (NFCU) Signature Flagship card while I waited at her desk. Came with an interest rate hike from 7.99 to 9.99 APR, and that pesky $49.00 annual fee (1/10 of AMEX Platinum's fee), but it did come with a CLI of 10K.  We'll see what the bennies are like.

EQ: 850 (01/2018)
TU: 830 (1/2018)
EXP: 825 (06/2018)
USAA Sig. VISA (7.25%) - AMEX Zync (NPSL)- AMEX Everyday (14.99%)- NFCU VISA Signature (10.65%) - Simmons First National Bank VISA (8.25%) - Citi Thank You Rewards Mastercard (12.65%)-USAA "Limitless" Cashback Rewards VISA Signature (14.45%)-AMEX Cash Magnet (13.25%)
Message 7 of 9
Pilotdude
Established Contributor

Another upside is that once you have the docs submitted and have obtained an approval, its much easier in the future. 

In a few more months I am going to hit them for a CLI on my Flag and probably a Navcheck account just for giggles. Smiley Happy

NFCU #1 Fan!! NO MOAR APPS TIL 10/13 Minimum!!
TU -746, EX - 721, EQ -745
Cards:NFCU Flag Visa Sig $10000, CSP $8500, AMEX BCP $2000 Freedom $3500, Disc IT $5000, Cap 1 Green $2100, Credit 1 CLOSED! AU on Amex Green, Discover $2000, Cap One Plat $1000
Message 8 of 9
kilj0y
Regular Contributor

@Pilotdude wrote:

@Pilotdude wrote:

Note that only the first CLI requested usually results in a HP, then they basically tell the computer system that they will approve you up to a certain limit and if you ask for another CLI under or equal to that limit it will be an instant CLI with a SP. But if you request an amount over that limit it will counter with what their computer limit says or they will ask if you want your requested limit for a further review which will turn into a HP unless you accept the counter offer which will be a SP. 

Check out the master NFCU CLI thread.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.