Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navy Federal Low Credit Limit

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Navy Federal Low Credit Limit

Navy Federal is huge on relationship banking when you became a member it would have been best to establish the relationship with a shared secured loan that you could accelerate through early payments then apply for the credit card after three statements have cut. They have there on internal banking rating that must be established prior to you getting comparable limits that are already within your credit file.

Message 21 of 22
addicted_to_credit
Established Contributor

Re: Navy Federal Low Credit Limit

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:

@addicted_to_credit wrote:

If navy federal holds true to what they've been doing take that 1k card and make it your DD...Charge it up and PIF, wash rinse repeat and in 91/3 ask for CLI of 4K (this has been max for a little while) and app for second card as long as your stats don't change I'd think you'd net a 20-25k CL.

I started my relationship with navy in October 2019 with a 7.8k CL at 91/3 it went to 15.8k and I apped for the flagship it came with a 25k SL at 91/3 for the FS I apped for the platinum and it came with a 25k SL. CL's are currently at 20k, 29k and 29k respectively, imho 78k in under a year isn't bad especially with just one FI. Navy is a great CU to be a part of and a lot of us here have a relationship with them and sing their praises...

78k in under a year isnt bad ? Lol, thats like hitting the credit lottery my friendSmiley Wink  Most lenders want you to take years to get that much credit. Navy is phenomenal in how much credit they give us. Pun and no pun intendedSmiley Happy

@AverageJoesCredit, I do swipe a lot so I'm sure that plays a part in it, I've slowed down some with navy since chase upped the CFU game with 5% on travel. I've added my dad to a couple as well since he bought a house and he's ran some spend through doing renovations. It's about time for me to rotate back to the flagship for travel, I don't want any one getting jelly on me!

undefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedMy ImageMy ImageMy ImageMy Image
Message 22 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.