Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navy Federal New Member Questions

tag
baller4life
Super Contributor

Re: Navy Federal New Member Questions

This is definitely a new trend asking for tax docs. Before it was sometimes pay stubs especially over $25k. Few weeks ago someone was asked for taxes for $40k cli request. I think you are now like the 3rd or 4th I have seen. But certainly the lowest cli request. Wow!
Message 11 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

I  forget to mention that I have a flagship with a $20k limit, so maybe it was going over the 25k max limit on both cards. It slipped my mind about this card, and this probably explains them wanting the tax docs.   Thanks for all the responses, and I apologize for leaving this crucial information out. 

Message 12 of 19
baller4life
Super Contributor

So the request was on your 2nd few weeks old card? Maybe that is what triggered it. I don't think it matters that you have a $20k flagship. Separate card. I've seen people with 2 cards get sp cli to $25k each no docs.
Message 13 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Creditaddict wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I am sure that these questions have already been asked, but I was unable to find them.  My wife just joined last week through my member access number, and was hoping to apply for one of those 0% balance transfer credit cards.  Do they currently offer one, and also how soon after opening the account should she apply?

she should apply for 1 credit card and checking line of credit (navcheck) as soon as membership is approved.

the 0% is not currently out unless offered exclusively to you BUT if navy sticks to how they have done the last 2+ years we have one coming up in the next couple months... always before christmas.

So you can apply for the card and still take adavantage of the 0% BT offers they run after 2 months from your application? 

Message 14 of 19
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I am sure that these questions have already been asked, but I was unable to find them.  My wife just joined last week through my member access number, and was hoping to apply for one of those 0% balance transfer credit cards.  Do they currently offer one, and also how soon after opening the account should she apply?

she should apply for 1 credit card and checking line of credit (navcheck) as soon as membership is approved.

the 0% is not currently out unless offered exclusively to you BUT if navy sticks to how they have done the last 2+ years we have one coming up in the next couple months... always before christmas.

So you can apply for the card and still take adavantage of the 0% BT offers they run after 2 months from your application? 

yes when Navy runs 0% it's to all current cardholders and new cardholders!!

Message 15 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Creditaddict wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Wow that is awesome! I had no idea about that...never seen it with other cards...does it matter which of their credit cards you have? do they run them in all of them?

Message 16 of 19
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Wow that is awesome! I had no idea about that...never seen it with other cards...does it matter which of their credit cards you have? do they run them in all of them?

all

Message 17 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

cool thanks Smiley Happy

Message 18 of 19
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Yea that's weird! Navy asking for tax returns?? I went from $500(yes $500) to $10k and they didn't bat an eye! Even with baddies an a bk!
Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.