cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navy Federal Pay Button

Arago
New Contributor

Navy Federal Pay Button

Why does Navy Federal have a "pay" button for credit cards when there is no payment due and there is a zero balance?  Do they expect you click it even though nothing needs to be done?  

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
dragontears
Valued Contributor

Re: Navy Federal Pay Button

@Arago wrote:

Why does Navy Federal have a "pay" button for credit cards when there is no payment due and there is a zero balance?  Do they expect you click it even though nothing needs to be done?  

Because it is easier to code for the button to always be there (and have amount verified on a different page) than to have the button appear/disappear depending on the balance. 

Scores hover around 800
Haven't been AZEO in over a year
Rome was not built in a day, neither is a good credit profile
Message 2 of 4
cashorcharge
Senior Contributor

If you like paying more then a current balance or before a charge finalizes, NFCU allows you to do so. Not all FI's do. I find it convenient. 

Message 3 of 4
Loquat

@cashorcharge wrote:

If you like paying more then a current balance or before a charge finalizes, NFCU allows you to do so. Not all FI's do. I find it convenient. 

I agree.  The option is indeed nice but thankfully one can push payments via bill pay for lenders that don't allow for overpayment.  

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.