Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navy Federal Secured

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Navy Federal Secured

Hey guys! So I have had the Navy Fed secured card for years. I want to say since 2014 However, I have since gotten a CashRewards card with a pretty high limit. Well when I SM Navy Fed to ask to unsecure my secured card the answer was that they can't do that. Do you guys know if I ask for the file to be sent to UW if they will unsecure it or will it be best just to close it? If I close it will it hurt my AAoA seeing that it is my oldest account?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Scupra
Super Contributor

Re: Navy Federal Secured

With NFCU you can't request graduation. The account is supposed to be reviewed on the 12th statement and unsecured if eligible. If you choose to close it the TL will continue to report for 10 years. How much older is this card compared to the next oldest?

edit: Can I ask if you have ever been late on it? Also, did you ever add more money to it to increase the limit? TIA

Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Scupra wrote:

With NFCU you can't request graduation. The account is supposed to be reviewed on the 12th statement and unsecured if eligible. If you choose to close it the TL will continue to report for 10 years. How much older is this card compared to the next oldest?

edit: Can I ask if you have ever been late on it? Also, did you ever add more money to it to increase the limit? TIA

It's a couple of years older. I did add money to it a good couple of times.

Message 3 of 5
Scupra
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Scupra wrote:

It's a couple of years older. I did add money to it a good couple of times.

So odd that almost every case of Navy's card not graduating includes an increase in limit. When is the last time you increased the limit?

Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes it's very odd. I don't understand at all.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.