Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navy Federal cards

tag
Getty59
Regular Contributor

Re: Navy Federal cc cards

Thanks! That's what I gathered from reading all the post about NFCU. I have set the date on my calendar. 

NFCU More Rewards: $23,100

NFCU Cash Rewards: 25,000

Capital One Venture: $10,250
Message 11 of 33
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

@gingerflower wrote:

Congratulations on your More Rewards Amx. Patients will reward you with a high CLI in 91 days. After your 91 days call to get a CLI.

Just remember a high Cli is not gaurenteed for anyone nor is a high sl on a secoond card. Everyone's profile is different and may not yield same results as others.  Odds are good thoughSmiley Wink

Message 12 of 33
Shooting-For-800
Senior Contributor

Pretty obvious that Flagship is highest and secured is lowest.

Depends on your needs though.

Rebuild started in 2014  -  $100k unsecured credit in 2017  -  $500k unsecured credit in 2024.

DON'T WORK FOR CREDIT CARDS ... MAKE CREDIT CARDS WORK FOR YOU!

Message 13 of 33
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Getty59 wrote:

was just curious as I became a member today and apped for the more rewards card. I was approved for 3k but after I wondered if I got a better card then some of the others. I know the FS card is at the top and will wait until 91 days.

Considering that you can freely PC (product change) from any NFCU card to any other NFCU card (even the Flagship as long as your credit line is $5k or higher) there really is no 'better card' if you're talking about from an underwriting point of view.  The Flagship is only different in that if you don't qualify for at least a $5k credit line you will get denied.

You can literally be approved for a Platinum card and PC it to a Flagship the very next day as long as your credit line is at least $5k.  (I have no idea why someone would do this - they would miss out on the Flagship bonus - but it's possible.)

Message 14 of 33
TheBoondocks
Established Contributor

Hey guys, I wanted to know does the Flagship gives you amazon prime on a annual basis or just a one time thing? thanks

Message 15 of 33
Aim_High
Super Contributor

@TheBoondocks, it's a one-time promotional offer that replaces the previous SUB.

"Enjoy a year of Amazon Prime—on us! Use the Flagship Rewards card to purchase an Amazon Prime membership, and we’ll reimburse you for the cost.2 That’s a $130 value. Already have Prime? Renew your annual membership with your Flagship card, and we’ll credit your account."

Footnote (2):

Offer applies only to annual Amazon Prime membership. Not valid for recurring membership monthly payment option. Must be an annual membership. Annual membership must be purchased as a one-time payment between 9/1/20 and 9/30/21. Limit of one promotional offer per card. Only valid for Flagship Rewards credit cards. Please allow 6-8 weeks after the membership is renewed or opened for the statement credit to post to your account. Navy Federal reserves the right to end or modify this offer at any time without notice.

Business Cards

Length of Credit > 40 years; Total Credit Limits >$850K
Top Lender TCL - Chase 156.4 - BofA 99.7 - AMEX 95.0 - CITI 94.5 - NFCU 80.0
AoOA > 30 years (Jun 1993); AoYA (Aug 2023)
* Hover cursor over cards to see name & CL, or press & hold on mobile app.
Message 16 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

More rewards is the most valuable card from NFCU in my opinion followed by the flagship. Obviously the flagship is their top of the line card with I believe the best CL's but you have to make sure you can take advantage of the pre-check $100 credit and 3% back on travel stuff. The more rewards is more broad for everyday spending and has no annual fee. There also are 2% on everything no fee cards out there so that isn't a big sell for me either. If I am going to pay annual fee I'm going with some of the premiere travel cards from Amex or elsewhere. 

Bottom line: Never get an annual fee card unless your spending habits justify it. This varies from person to person and can make one card great for you but horrible for me. You can never go wrong with a solid no fee card though. None of the navy no fee cards come close to more rewards.

Message 17 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous Any data on how NFCU codes purchases for the More Rewards?

I see they differentiate between "superstores" and "supermarkets". I've seen other cards with this language and it makes me skeptical. Are all grocery stores supermarkets? Club stores?

Message 18 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous Any data on how NFCU codes purchases for the More Rewards?

I see they differentiate between "superstores" and "supermarkets". I've seen other cards with this language and it makes me skeptical. Are all grocery stores supermarkets? Club stores?

Only data I can provide you is everything has worked so far how I'd expect. At my local grocery store I get the supermarket coding. When I order through grubhub / seamless I get the restaurant coding. I have not used the card at a wal-mart or costco or sams clubs or BJs so not sure about that. I imagine any dedicated grocery store will code as supermarket. You should consider a grocery store a supermarket. I would NOT expect to receive more than 1x at a wal-mart, costco, BJ, or whatever. But you should expect the 3x at any DEDICATED grocery store. Also with gas as with most credit cards you need to go to a standalone gas station. If you buy gas at a wholesale club you probably won't get the 3x.

Message 19 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

Seems like I'd only benefit on transit with an NFCU MR. I have dining covered and my local grocery stores code differently and/or don't take AMEX cards.

Message 20 of 33
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.