Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navy Federal product change Cashrewards to Flagship

tag
freshstart26
Valued Member

Navy Federal product change Cashrewards to Flagship

I just wanted to post my experience in case others are considering a product change at NFCU. I started out with a secured card that graduated to Cashrewards. Credit line was $7,000 and rate was 17.99% (?). I called NFCU last night to ask them if I could switch to Flagship. It took the representative about 5 minutes to make the change. She did not ask me any questions (other than the information to verify my identity at the beginning of the call). She put me on hold while she made the changes. They actually lowered my interest rate to 9.99% when they made the change. I was very surprised because others in my NFCU group said their rate increased a bit when they did a product change. Maybe that happened becsuse my initial rate was high. Anyway, I could see the changes on the app within a few hours. Anyway, I hope this card is the right fit for me. Love Navy Federal...

Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
ldkcivilservant
Frequent Contributor

Re: Navy Federal product change Cashrewards to Flagship

I did exactly this PC a couple of days ago too. My APR increased to 14.99% from 9.99% but since I never carry a balance on this card it doesn't matter to me at all.

You're right, Navy is awesome.

NFCU Platinum $50k | Amex Delta Platinum $25k | Elan Financial $19.7k | Chase Freedom Unlimited $16k | Bank Americard $16k | Discover IT $13K | NFCU Flagship Rewards $10k | GS AppleCard $5.5k | Citi Simplicity $3k
Message 2 of 21
Yasselife
Valued Contributor

@freshstart26 

How old is the account? Nice apr, congrats 🎉 

Message 3 of 21
DesertWanderer
Frequent Contributor

Congrats.  I love my Flagship card!

Message 4 of 21
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congrats and nice APR!

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 5 of 21
Janneman
Established Contributor

@freshstart26 wrote:

I just wanted to post my experience in case others are considering a product change at NFCU. I started out with a secured card that graduated to Cashrewards. Credit line was $7,000 and rate was 17.99% (?). I called NFCU last night to ask them if I could switch to Flagship. It took the representative about 5 minutes to make the change. She did not ask me any questions (other than the information to verify my identity at the beginning of the call). She put me on hold while she made the changes. They actually lowered my interest rate to 9.99% when they made the change. I was very surprised because others in my NFCU group said their rate increased a bit when they did a product change. Maybe that happened becsuse my initial rate was high. Anyway, I could see the changes on the app within a few hours. Anyway, I hope this card is the right fit for me. Love Navy Federal...

Upon successful conversion from CashRewards card to Flagship card, do people get bonus of 30k points and waiver of first year AF of $49 that come with Flagship when someone opens this card?

Message 6 of 21
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Janneman wrote:

@freshstart26 wrote:

Upon successful conversion from CashRewards card to Flagship card, do people get bonus of 30k points and waiver of first year AF of $49 that come with Flagship when someone opens this card?

No. When the account is PC'd, it is not eligible for SUB promotion or AF-waiver.

Message 7 of 21
Janneman
Established Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@Janneman wrote:

@freshstart26 wrote:

No. When the account is PC'd, it is not eligible for SUB promotion or AF-waiver.

Thankyou

Message 8 of 21
RobynJ
Established Contributor

@freshstart26  Could you please give us DP's on your journey with NFCU? When did you open the secured card, what was your original SL, how long till graduation, any CLI and how long in between each, and finally length of time from opening till PC?  

Thank you, Robyn 

> > > > > > > > >

Starting Score:

Current Score:
My highest 818

Goal Score:

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

/
Message 9 of 21
SPChaser
Established Contributor

@freshstart26 congrats on the sweet new apr!

“Play the game, but don't believe in it“
Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.