Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navy Federal

tag
USF813
Frequent Contributor

Re: Navy Federal

Well, I got a $3k starting limit on a Gorewards visa less than three years out of BK with NFCU. I recently got a CLI to $5k using what I assume was a soft pull they pulled in mid-December. $5k limit in less than a year with the card. I might try another $2k increase in April at the one year mark. I'm saving for a new car and NFCU is who I'll look to for financing. It's true if you scratch their back they'll scratch yours.
Message 51 of 63
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@USF813 wrote:
Well, I got a $3k starting limit on a Gorewards visa less than three years out of BK with NFCU. I recently got a CLI to $5k using what I assume was a soft pull they pulled in mid-December. $5k limit in less than a year with the card. I might try another $2k increase in April at the one year mark. I'm saving for a new car and NFCU is who I'll look to for financing. It's true if you scratch their back they'll scratch yours.

Why not ask for more now since it seems you are under the sp internal limit currently available to you if you only asked for $5k

Message 52 of 63
USF813
Frequent Contributor

Two reasons:

1. I don't want to.

2. The SP is now over 30 days old.

Message 53 of 63
CaptainGreenThumb
Established Member

Well I was fickle and decided to go with my original plan.

I spoke with customer service and did a product change from the rewards card to the simple platinum card.

Since this will mainly be a backup/emergency card...I figured having the lowest APR possible was in my best interest.

I don't think I will ever be upset about having a 7.99% APR credit card in my back pocket!! NFCU made the process super easy.

NFCU NavCheck $15,000 NFCU Platinum $12,000 Discover It $7,500 CapOne Quicksilver MC $2000
Discover FICO: 780
Message 54 of 63
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just applied yesterday for the goRewards Signature card with Navy Federal. I got this message of waiting 3-5 days *OUCH* but awoke to e text message telling me I had been approved but it did not say how much. I got out of bed and turned my computer on and almosy fell off my chair when I saw an approval of $18,000. I could buy a freaking used car with that (not that I plan to buy another car). My goal for the last year was to get a credit card with 5 digits (minus the decimal point LOL) I am so doing the *Snoopy Dance* right now! Thanks for all of the insight and guideance as I pass through the dark halls of credit repair!

Message 55 of 63
1GaDawg85
Valued Contributor

you can honestly go back and ask for 25k

FICO 5 ,4, 2 - 10/2023                            FICO 8 - 10/2023                                   FICO 9 - 10/2023                                   FICO 10 - 10/2023

Message 56 of 63
baller4life
Super Contributor

+1. Gotta luv Navy Fed! Congrats!!
Message 57 of 63
Creditwiser
Valued Contributor

LOL, NFCU seems to have that effect on people.  Gotta love em.  Congrats on an awesome CL.

NFCU Visa 30k | NFCU Platinum 30k | Cap1 QS 12K | Cap1 QS 11.5K | Barclay MC 9k | Delta Gold Amex 30K | Discover IT 14K | CFNA FS 3200 | CareCredit 20k| Paypal Credit 5k |
Message 58 of 63
1GaDawg85
Valued Contributor

they have great limits and very easy to work with

FICO 5 ,4, 2 - 10/2023                            FICO 8 - 10/2023                                   FICO 9 - 10/2023                                   FICO 10 - 10/2023

Message 59 of 63
Anonymous
Not applicable

Seriously? How would I do that? I made an offer on a house today and am feeling on top of the world. You know those rare days that you feel you have the Midas touch, without all the negative effects? That's me...today!Smiley Very Happy

Message 60 of 63
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.