Navy More Rewards Upgrade!

tag
Jccflat
Established Contributor

Re: Nfcu Amex More rewards adds mores rewards

For my husband
So the go ewards 25k will be useless
Or they are planing to surprise a change to the go rewards cards also soon

Can he combine to the more rewards cards that has 13k ?
Message 21 of 31
CreditSage
Regular Contributor

NFCU Amex Upgrade Starting Sept 9

NFCU is updating the amex on Sept 9 . The link is below - what do you guys think? Is this a great deal?

https://www.navyfederal.org/email-marketing/creditcards/37113-more-rewards-existing-cardholder-upgra...

Current Open: NFCU AMEX $6,800 CL | Chase Freedom $3,800 CL | QS1 $1,300 CL | BankAmericard $24,000 CL (AU) | NFCU SSL $3,000 |
FICO 8 EXP, EQ, TU: 675-715 (depending on Utl.) | AAoA 3 Years 3 Months | AoYA 0 Months

Closed: American Honda Finance Installment $16,000 paid satisfactorily | Capital One Secured $700 paid satisfactorily | Wells Fargo credit card $3,000 paid charge off settled less than full amount (badie 2015) | Bank of America credit card $1,000 paid charge off settled less than full amount (badie 2015)
Message 22 of 31
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Re: NFCU Amex Upgrade Starting Sept 9

It could be a great deal, depends on your spend?. Also if you can meet the SUB requirement's, that's a plus!

Message 23 of 31
DCnDC
Contributor

I was pretty happy when I saw the email come through. I’m not as good at using multiple cards based on categories, so my husband and I typically use our GoRewards for restaurants (3%) and then our More Rewards for groceries (3%) and gas (3%). This definitely makes this a 3% card for almost everything for us!
FICO 8 (as of 8/23/2019) | EX: 823 | TU: 824 | EQ: 831
Inquiries (Total) | EX: 1 | TU: 1 | EQ: 1
Inquiries (Less than 1 year) | EX: 0 | TU: 0 | EQ: 0

Bank Americard Mastercard $90,000 | PenFed Promise Visa $39,000 | Citi Simplicity Mastercard $26,500 | NFCU More Rewards Amex $25,000 | Macy's $25,000 | Synchrony Home (Mohawk) $25,000 | NFCU Go Rewards Visa $24,300 | Citi Costco Visa $15,300 | NFCU CLOC $15,000 | PenFed Gold Visa $11,000 | Discover It $10,000 | Citi Diamond Preferred Visa $9,500 | Kohl's $3,000

Message 24 of 31
VanderSnoot
Established Contributor

I've been reviewing my lineup this weekend, and I realized how valuable this card has become. 3% on gas, groceries, and restaurants covers a lot of ground for me with one card. I still play around with category cards to max cash back, but this card has become a go-to. Another win for Navy!

Message 25 of 31
TheBoondocks
Established Contributor

What's the difference between Gorewards and Morerewards? And if you combine the 3x with the cash rewards, would it be 4.5? Like the WF GoFarRewards?
Message 26 of 31
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Go Rewards is a Visa or MC your choice and earns following

Earn more when on the go. Get 3X points on restaurants, 2X points on gas and 1X point on everything else.

More Rewards is on Amex network and earns

Maximize your everyday spending with 3X points at supermarkets, 3X points on gas and transit, 3X points at restaurants and 1X points on everything else.

Believe redemption thresholds are slightly different if remember correctly gorewards is at 25 and more rewards is at 50, but could of changed since I have last looked at it.. More Rewards > Go Rewarsd as can be seen IMO as long as places take amex.

Message 27 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

Go Rewards is a Visa or MC your choice and earns following

Earn more when on the go. Get 3X points on restaurants, 2X points on gas and 1X point on everything else.

More Rewards is on Amex network and earns

Maximize your everyday spending with 3X points at supermarkets, 3X points on gas and transit, 3X points at restaurants and 1X points on everything else.

Believe redemption thresholds are slightly different if remember correctly gorewards is at 25 and more rewards is at 50, but could of changed since I have last looked at it.. More Rewards > Go Rewarsd as can be seen IMO as long as places take amex.

They're both $50 minimum redemptions. 

899FBD6B-8CD1-44EC-B2BF-9C38E12132DB.jpeg

The only real reason for someone to have Go Rewards over More Rewards is acceptance issues for international travelers. It wouldn't surprise me to see NFCU remove the Go Rewards from their lineup unless they revamp it too. 

Message 28 of 31
TheBoondocks
Established Contributor

It's 2 different programs then under NFCU, I don't get it why did they do that? Why not have it under one? I think it just killed everything. Like, US Bank they have the Altitude separate from the Flex perks program.
Message 29 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't really understand why they did it either unless they plan to get rid of Go Rewards but it certainly made the More Rewards and Flagship pairing very attractive as daily drivers and the Go Rewards very unattractive unless you are using it overseas a lot.

Message 30 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.