Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navy PC Visa to Amex

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Navy PC Visa to Amex

Does anyone know if they are allowing PC’s from their Visa card to the AmEx? I remember they didn’t when the card came out.

Also since it would be changing numbers and card networks, will it show as a new account on my credit reports?

Is 1 point worth 0.01 when redeeming, or is it less like the go rewards?
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Navy PC Visa to Amex

@Anonymous wrote:
Does anyone know if they are allowing PC’s from their Visa card to the AmEx? I remember they didn’t when the card came out.

Also since it would be changing numbers and card networks, will it show as a new account on my credit reports?

Is 1 point worth 0.01 when redeeming, or is it less like the go rewards?

I have heard that they are letting PC's to the Amex happen now,  just have to send a secure message or call.   It will still be the same account so you will keep your history.  I have PC-ed multiple times, and still have the same history.   When you PC you will lose whatever unused points you have but on the flip side if your profile has improved, your APR might go down.  Mine did, but you can't ask for another year as the PC counts towards when you can do that. 

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got my cashRewards in September, PC’d it to More Rewards in February, and PC’d it back to cashRewards this month. No issues at all. 

They did hike my APR from the lowest 11.9% to 17.24% when I did the PC though and you can’t get that dropped for a year so keep that in mind. 

Message 3 of 4
ZenMan
Valued Member

I would just like to echo what @Saeren noted, in that NFCU permitted me to product change my one-year-old cashRewards card to a MoreRewards AMEX back in early August.   The process was simple, and the Customer Service Representative confirmed for me that the history from cashRewards would follow the new AMEX account number, and that this would not report to the credit bureaus as a new tradeline.  (My most recent reports from the bureaus confirm this to be true -- no new tradeline appeared, and all that changed was the account number.)  I was also fortunate to have my request for an APR reduction granted, dropping it from 15.24% to 13.74%.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.