Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 16.5k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 11 of 43
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Navy Platinum APR reduction

Haha thanks!

Just wanted to report i checked my ego at the door, curbed my enthusiasm, broke my own bad Smiley Wink I did NOT call Navy and have decided to stick to my gunz and carry on with 2 year missionSmiley Happy. One look at my Credit Karma breakdown i just realized my youngest account just turned 6 months old and i haven't received a hp since October 5/6Smiley Happy Looking at my hps on TU its an all Navy feastarama and Penfed owns EquihackSmiley Wink. Getting new accounts just isnt worth it and i cant chase SUBS so ......Smiley Happy
Message 12 of 43
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Haha thanks!

Just wanted to report i checked my ego at the door, curbed my enthusiasm, broke my own bad Smiley Wink I did NOT call Navy and have decided to stick to my gunz and carry on with 2 year missionSmiley Happy. One look at my Credit Karma breakdown i just realized my youngest account just turned 6 months old and i haven't received a hp since October 5/6Smiley Happy Looking at my hps on TU its an all Navy feastarama and Penfed owns EquihackSmiley Wink. Getting new accounts just isnt worth it and i cant chase SUBS so ......Smiley Happy

Yeah, I'm trying to stay in the Garden as well despite the barrage of offers on all sides. 😭 Almost nine months old for my most recent account. 

Discover It: 21.5k
Message 13 of 43
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

9 months is awesome in this day and age lol. I think the longer one goes without apping it gets easier. I cant say it enough but everytime i think about it, all my denials this past year have been a blessing. Sure it stinks i didnt get my Superman card but in reality would have been another card with $5 spend to keep openSmiley Wink.

Ive gotten some apr reductions this year, cant wait to ask Miss Disco againSmiley Happy
Message 14 of 43
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
9 months is awesome in this day and age lol. I think the longer one goes without apping it gets easier. I cant say it enough but everytime i think about it, all my denials this past year have been a blessing. Sure it stinks i didnt get my Superman card but in reality would have been another card with $5 spend to keep openSmiley Wink.

Ive gotten some apr reductions this year, cant wait to ask Miss Disco againSmiley Happy

You'll get your Card of Steel sooner or later. 

Discover It: 21.5k
Message 15 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

Y'all are crazy with this no apps for 6-9+ months. I am not even 2 months in and I'm stressed 😂 

Message 16 of 43
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Its hard at times @Anonymous. How do you think i got some of those denials lol, bad choices or drapping but one way to beat the apping blues is to seek apr reductions where possible. I would with Citi but they always tell me im either on an apr promo or im lowest they can give. I should hit up Amex next but who knows with themSmiley Wink
Message 17 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

I can't ask on any of my cards. Disco is coming up next month on Christmas Eve and then Navy in February but I don't have anything else I can ask for until October. 

Message 18 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've heard rumors (I'm still young with NFCU) that Navy Fed will actually start looking at auto CLIs beginning with your 13th month. So you may not need to risk the HP to get a CLI -- just give it some time and see what happens.

Message 19 of 43
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Yea , thanks. I may just start using my plat a little more. I received my first as uto cli from Navy after 2 years plus on my CR so i know it is at least possibleSmiley Happy
Message 20 of 43
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.