Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navy balance transfer question

tag
SPChaser
Established Contributor

Navy balance transfer question

I recently pc'd to the Navy Platinum from the Amex More Rewards in wanting a card for possible balance transfers I may want to do down the road. I was offered a 10.99 APR, which was two points lower than the one I had for the More Rewards. I attempted getting it lower but that was a no go. Low and behold, DW is planning a family trip and charged it to the CSR. With a 22.99 APR on the CSR, I was thinking why not transfer the balance to the Platinum and hold there for a bit. I can pay it off in full, yet I'd rather do something else with the money than pay that off right now. My mindset is to pay no interest at all; however, if I have too, I want to pay as little interest as possible. Here's the thing, I called Navy and inquired about them having any balance promos. They do for the Platinum but only for new accounts. Has any one tired, I don't know, escalating or trying to reach someone other than a frontline csr and state my long relationship with Navy to somehow garner a balance transfer promo? Smiley LOL I'm just trying here to see if it's at a small possibility. 

“Play the game, but don't believe in it“
2 REPLIES 2
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Navy balance transfer question

Hi

I can't answer your question but I have had the platinum VISA for about 12 years--it has a $0 balance. When I got the promo for a platinum 0% BT card, I called NFCU to see if I could get the promo on my Platinum. Nope. However, since I only have 2 NFCU cards, the CSR toldme that I could apply for another platinum--the MC. I never even realize platinum was both a Visa and a MC. My BT 0% offer expires Jan 7 and I will definitely apply then. 

GL2U

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 2 of 3
SPChaser
Established Contributor

Re: Navy balance transfer question

@CreditInspired  Thanks for the feedback. That's basically what the rep also told me and I definitely don't want to apply go another card at the moment bc of plans for Apple products. After talking to DW, looks like we'll just to pay off the trip balance and move on rather than me trying to finesse a balance transfer promo out of Navy. I'll keep researching until I just have to bite the bullet.

“Play the game, but don't believe in it“
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.