cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navy...do they ever offer 0% balance transfers?

tag
myquestionsfico
Regular Contributor

Navy...do they ever offer 0% balance transfers?

I'm a very happy NFCU customer.  I have two cards with them and they've given me my highest limits via CLIs and my lowest interest rates.  

That said, I'd love to transfer other balances over to keep my utilization low, but they never offer 0% balance transfers to me - in fact, I never really get any offers for anything good from them, even with a perfect track record over the past year plus. 

Do they ever give you incentive to transfer balances?

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Navy...do they ever offer 0% balance transfers?

@myquestionsfico wrote:

I'm a very happy NFCU customer.  I have two cards with them and they've given me my highest limits via CLIs and my lowest interest rates.  

That said, I'd love to transfer other balances over to keep my utilization low, but they never offer 0% balance transfers to me - in fact, I never really get any offers for anything good from them, even with a perfect track record over the past year plus. 

Do they ever give you incentive to transfer balances?

You can bt anytime with Navy albeit at your regular apr. If one has a Plat 5.99, that beats alot of cards out there in saving interest even though its not 0%. Dont fret about not getting offers, this year has been a game changer for everyone. You could always app a Plat when they have their 0% 12 month promo. 

Message 2 of 11
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Yes usually in Jan/Feb of each year you will get 0%/$0 Fee BT or $0/1.99% for 12 months..  This year they only offered some 1.99% due to CV-19 most likely, but usually they are very reliable.   Many threads out there if you search the forums regarding this exact same question.

Message 3 of 11
myquestionsfico
Regular Contributor

Great points - thank you.  

Do you know if you can move credit from one Navy card to another?  If I app a Platinum, I might not get a high starting limit, bug could move some from one card to the Platinum if they allow it.  

Message 4 of 11
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@myquestionsfico wrote:

Great points - thank you.  

Do you know if you can move credit from one Navy card to another?  If I app a Platinum, I might not get a high starting limit, bug could move some from one card to the Platinum if they allow it.  

Generally yes you can.. My plat is 50k and my More Rewards is 30k and that is from moving CL's around to what I desired.  They have loosened up more than they use to be

Message 5 of 11
myquestionsfico
Regular Contributor

Thank you!  I may apply for the Plat.  I see that you can do 0% balance transfers at the time of application.  

Any idea if I can do them after approval instead of today?  I'd love to do them in a few days instead. Can't tell from the site.

Message 6 of 11
Heatt99
Frequent Contributor

you can move CL from one card to another, but you can't BT between accounts.

Since there were no BT offers, I still used Navy at a 12% for BT from 24%.

Message 7 of 11
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

@myquestionsfico wrote:

Thank you!  I may apply for the Plat.  I see that you can do 0% balance transfers at the time of application.  

Any idea if I can do them after approval instead of today?  I'd love to do them in a few days instead. Can't tell from the site.

Yes, you can do them after the fact. That's what I did.

Message 8 of 11
myquestionsfico
Regular Contributor

So, I applied and was approved for $3K @ 10.99%...Disappointing on a couple of levels.

Not their lowest interest rate (5.99%) and my lowest starting limit. I have another card with them that is $37K and another at $7.5K.  

This also discourages me from doing balance transfers. Can I transfer credit from my card that is 37K and THEN do a balance transfer with the higher limit?  

Message 9 of 11
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

@myquestionsfico wrote:

So, I applied and was approved for $3K @ 10.99%...Disappointing on a couple of levels.

Not their lowest interest rate (5.99%) and my lowest starting limit. I have another card with them that is $37K and another at $7.5K.  

This also discourages me from doing balance transfers. Can I transfer credit from my card that is 37K and THEN do a balance transfer with the higher limit?  

Cant blame Navy as they've already given you 45k in credit prior to this app. Good news is you can transfer limits by requesting via SM. I was approved for another Plat in Dec and was given $3k. The nerve of them right? Not enough to do my bt but problem solved by transferring  $4k from my $5k Plat . Never received card in over a month but they sent me new card via FedEx and honored the bt promo via SM. Navy be that good. NV

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.