Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navy federal double apps allowed?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Navy federal double apps allowed?

my dh just joined navy federal and got their cash rewards card.  We are wondering if they allow apping for another card as well or are they a company that doesn't like double apping? I think I've read they use the same inquiry for 3 months?

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Navy federal double apps allowed?

@Anonymous wrote:

my dh just joined navy federal and got their cash rewards card.  We are wondering if they allow apping for another card as well or are they a company that doesn't like double apping? I think I've read they use the same inquiry for 3 months?

I'm not sure about double apping.  Someone will come along to answer that question.  But they definitely don't use the same inquiry for 3 months (that's PenFed).  They HP for any and every application.

Message 2 of 13
baller4life
Super Contributor

Each app is a separate hp. Penfed is where a hp is good for 90 days. What limit was given on your wife's Cashrewards?
Message 3 of 13
baller4life
Super Contributor

Haha @ Irish! Like minds Smiley Happy
Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm not sure about double apping.  Someone will come along to answer that question.  But they definitely don't use the same inquiry for 3 months (that's PenFed).  They HP for any and every application.

Thank you for the information. I'm glad I told him we should check here first Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@baller4life wrote:
Each app is a separate hp. Penfed is where a hp is good for 90 days. What limit was given on your wife's Cashrewards?

Oddly they only gave him 3000, about 13,000 less than he was given on other cards elsewhere.  Are they extremely conservative on limits?

Message 6 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@baller4life wrote:

I thought when you joined and apped at the same time, it was one hit? The banker didn't tell him differently when he mentioned it to her at opening

Message 7 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@baller4life wrote:

edited because my comment posted twice, darn iPad 

Message 8 of 13
baller4life
Super Contributor

Oooh I meant hubby. I haven't had my morning coffee yet. No, Navy is very generous!! That's why I asked what limit was he given and that would determine if he should app another card. I think he should hold off apping another card. Give it 6 months. What's his EQ score? Any baddies?
Message 9 of 13
baller4life
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@baller4life wrote:

I thought when you joined and apped at the same time, it was one hit? The banker didn't tell him differently when he mentioned it to her at opening

Typically with Navy Fed it's a TU hp to join. Then EQ hp for each product you app. They are very hp happy.

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.