Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navy federal reopen cc account

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Navy federal reopen cc account

I have had a flagship for about 10 years, maxed it out at about 19k/20k about 4 years ago due to a drop in income and they froze the account. Had a few 30 day late payments. On my credit report, it shows open with credit line intact. I have paid it down to 5000, and was wondering if anyone has had them reopen these accounts? It appears that internally, it's closed with balance, but to everyone else it's still open!
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Navy federal reopen cc account

@Anonymous wrote:
I have had a flagship for about 10 years, maxed it out at about 19k/20k about 4 years ago due to a drop in income and they froze the account. Had a few 30 day late payments. On my credit report, it shows open with credit line intact. I have paid it down to 5000, and was wondering if anyone has had them reopen these accounts? It appears that internally, it's closed with balance, but to everyone else it's still open!

they probably won't re-open that account with charging limit of $20k but if you pay it off they will give you credit again.

you might at some point be able to open a new credit card even with a small balance still on this one... depends what the rest of your credit looks like.

Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

They have me a 25k car loan in March 2014, visa signature 5k in July! So it appears that they like me again, been with them 18 years. scores 700+
Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you think they would give me a cli on my new visa? Three statements
Message 4 of 13
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Sounds like worth a try if over 3 statements
Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Will it be a hard pull? Thanks for your responses!
Message 6 of 13
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

If it's instant counter its sp... Ask for $25k
Message 7 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks!
Message 8 of 13
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Do it online
Message 9 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, went from $5,000 to $22,000.  I asked for $25,000 online based on your feedback. You really need to wait for at least 3-4 statement cuts for instant online approval.

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.