Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navy nRewards graduation question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Navy nRewards graduation question

Hey all,

Hope we're doing well. Just wanted to run something by the FICO family. I don't see much mention or logic to this;

Why does NFCU choose to graduate some people automatically to the cash rewards card and others to the unsecured "nRewards" card. I had to call in and request a product change. No biggie, but maybe we can piece together a trend on who gets graduated to the cash rewards vs nRewards unsecured. Thanks in advance!

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Re: Navy nRewards graduation question

I wonder if it has anything to do with spending habits?

Message 2 of 8
blindambition
Senior Contributor

This one stumps me OP! Especially when you can ask for PC anyways.

Maybe like @M_Smart007 suggests, it's related to spend. It might even be score related. Just one of those... Who knows?? 😀 

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous I have an NFCU secured card that graduated to a CashRewards after 8 months I think.

I didn't run that much spend through the card since its a bit of a hassle to make multiple payments to pay down balances.

It was my understanding that they recently made a change as of late last year/early this year where all secured cards graduated to a CashRewards. 

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good point @M_Smart007 

I think your onto something.

It logically makes sense.

Take me for example:

card opened Febuary 2019 / graduated 15 months later in May 2020. Utilization was about 75 % on that card for 10 months.
I'm sure that factored into my card graduating to the boring nRewards unsecured :/

It still puzzles me how Navy let's us change to the cash rewards.

But hey I'm not complaining! Lol

Message 5 of 8
SpiritSoul11
Established Member

Do you think it would be possible to product change once the nRewards becomes unsecured to a More Rewards American Express? Has anyone heard of possibly doing that. I am very much eyeing that card.

Revolving

Installment

Accounts
Message 6 of 8
Andy77
Valued Contributor

Yes, once the card becomes unsecured you can PC to whatever card you want. I had two secured cards, one limit north of 5k so I PC'd to Flagship. The other secured card I PC'd to Amex More. 

You call them and tell them you want to do a product change and they will tell you about the interest rate change and if you accept that and if so they mail you the card(s)

Message 7 of 8
SpiritSoul11
Established Member

Thanks for your help. What about your limit? Does it usually stay the same or go up? 

Revolving

Installment

Accounts
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.