Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navyfcu

tag
ihatemyscore
Frequent Contributor

Navyfcu

So, 

I got back with Navy back in late Feb, I had a charged off CC from 08 and a overdrafted bank account in the same year. They locked all of my accounts and said we cannot extend you any products sorry. You can have a saving account and thats it. I left 1 cent in the account for the next 5 year. Within in that 5 yrs, I had to file for BK because of multiple lawsuits and medical debt. So I did, Navy recieved the letter and put all my accounts into BK status..

I called and they said, if I pay all my debt back volunteerly they will review my membership to see if I can come back... 

Paid it waited 24 hr and opened a checking account.. immediatley switched my DD over.. and my tax return.. So I had alot of $$ going through in the last couple months..

I opened a secured $500 dollar nRewards, a week later applied and approved for a cashRewards @ 1,000. 3 Weeks later applied for $2000 dollar navChek DENIED due to BK and not enough credit experience with lender.. I called in and recond and approved for $500..

I did this with all a 602 TU score... my scores they pulled matched my FICO 100%,,

I paid all my balanced down I have 1 % reporting.. Apped for a 1000 CLI on cashRewards .. was denied called in and reconed and got $500 dollar increase in exactly one month!!

In total I have the following account:

Checking

Savings

Roth IRA

CD

nrewards

cashRewards

Navchek...

WOW im in disbelief.. I am done for two years and time to garden and baby these accounts.. I bet by 2015 all my accounts will have grown and I might be approved for some nicer cards down the line!

THANK YOU NAVY! I have been a member for 8 yrs because of that savings account! Thank LORD!

BK: 7 filed 3/31/12 - Discharged 6/27/12
Made some poor choices and life snowballed
BK: 13 filed 7/29/16 - on a 36th month time out
No CC - No Loans - Student Loans all current.
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: Navyfcu

Message 2 of 11
Rhaeny
Valued Contributor

Yes NFCU is the best in my book.

Congrats on your comeback.  But don't forget to try for an increase in about 6 months with them.  Actually I didn't wait that long...only 3 months and they bumped me to $10K on my card when they initially on approved me for $2K.  I reconned that so they bumped the intial to $5K.  Just yesterday I did a CLI and I got to $10K with an sp.  So don't forget that option to get your limits up.

Major CC's - Barclay's ($5.5K) | Barclay's Sallie Mae MC ($5K) | DCU ($7.5K) | Discover IT ($1.4K) | Genisys Visa ($1.4K) | NFCU Visa ($22K) | Navcheck ($15K) | Chase Freedom ($5K) | SDFCU Visa ($8K) | Amex BCP ($9.5K) | Amex Delta ($10K) |Store CC's| -Amazon ($4K) | Catherines ($850) | JCP ($4K) | Macy's ($1.7K) | Avenue ($850) | Victoria's Secret ($1.4K) | Walmart ($4.1K) | Paypal SC ($1.3K) | HSN ($2.5) | Sears ($2.6K) | Sams Club ($4.1K) |Goal|: Age with grace to 750 across the board |Last app|: 3/3/2014
Message 3 of 11
ihatemyscore
Frequent Contributor

The thing is with Navy a CLI has resulted in HP for me! I hear everyone getting SP but its like playing russian rullet! lol..

So do you think my next request should be?

How do you grow NavChek if its so expensive to use? Im not even sure how to use the account fully lol.

Message 4 of 11
dodfire
Valued Contributor

Congrats to you on getting back in with Navy!!

*8/10/13
Message 5 of 11
ihatemyscore
Frequent Contributor

thank you!

Message 6 of 11
Rhaeny
Valued Contributor

@ihatemyscore wrote:

The thing is with Navy a CLI has resulted in HP for me! I hear everyone getting SP but its like playing russian rullet! lol..

So do you think my next request should be?

How do you grow NavChek if its so expensive to use? Im not even sure how to use the account fully lol.

Okay so I opened my account on Dec 26th and my first CLI was definitely an HP, but I think I asked for too much.  I was at $5K and asked for $10K, they countered to $7500 so of course I took it.  That fiirst request was on March 15th.  Then after reading about someone else getting a gazillion sp's yesterday I caved in to temptation and this time I asked for $1000 and BAM!, it was an instant approval.  So I logged out and logged back in and asked for another $1000 and BAM!.  Did it again and asked for $500 to get me to the $10K.  So at least in my case it worked out by not asking for so much and I have nothing to back that up with other than intuition...LOL!

So I would say use the card and make some payments to let them see how well you're using the cards and then ask for a $1K increase, give it a little more time and ask again.  Here's the thing, your limit WILL go up anyway so by the end of this year you could surely have a 5 digit CL.

NavCheck- they sent me some checks in the mail to use with it so I can just write a check to access the funds.  Or if your account is at zero and a check or debit transaction comes through then it will be transferred from the NavCheck.  Or you can call in I believe and have them transfer some funds ( this last one I'm not exactly certain as I've only read about it).

Major CC's - Barclay's ($5.5K) | Barclay's Sallie Mae MC ($5K) | DCU ($7.5K) | Discover IT ($1.4K) | Genisys Visa ($1.4K) | NFCU Visa ($22K) | Navcheck ($15K) | Chase Freedom ($5K) | SDFCU Visa ($8K) | Amex BCP ($9.5K) | Amex Delta ($10K) |Store CC's| -Amazon ($4K) | Catherines ($850) | JCP ($4K) | Macy's ($1.7K) | Avenue ($850) | Victoria's Secret ($1.4K) | Walmart ($4.1K) | Paypal SC ($1.3K) | HSN ($2.5) | Sears ($2.6K) | Sams Club ($4.1K) |Goal|: Age with grace to 750 across the board |Last app|: 3/3/2014
Message 7 of 11
Pilotdude
Established Contributor

Bravo!!  Good job! 

NFCU #1 Fan!! NO MOAR APPS TIL 10/13 Minimum!!
TU -746, EX - 721, EQ -745
Cards:NFCU Flag Visa Sig $10000, CSP $8500, AMEX BCP $2000 Freedom $3500, Disc IT $5000, Cap 1 Green $2100, Credit 1 CLOSED! AU on Amex Green, Discover $2000, Cap One Plat $1000
Message 8 of 11
ihatemyscore
Frequent Contributor

How do you get a CLI for NavChek?

What are the associated fees with it??

Does Navy offer APR reductions?

Message 9 of 11
Rhaeny
Valued Contributor

The CLI that I was talking about was for my siggy CC not NavCheck. The NavCheck I just got a few weeks ago. As for the NavCheck request for CLI it's done in the same manner as a CLI for your CC. The APR is based on your credit profile and I believe I've read of people getting them reduced but don't quote me on that one.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.