cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need 0% Intro APR cards, how to proceed?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Need 0% Intro APR cards, how to proceed?

@Ahava18 wrote:
I'm surprised that I haven't gotten more responses to directly answer the main question. I was expecting a lot more posts advising what are the top cards to aim for.

If the OP isn't clear enough, please ask me for clarification.

Maybe look into the Amex BBP (Blue Business Plus). Card comes with 0% for 15 months and it doesn’t show up on your personal report. It has a 3% fee though. I also think max you can transfer is 7500 with Amex however. Also look into the Bankamericard (regular one). That card has a 0% BT fee and 0% APR on BT/Purchases for 15 months.

Message 11 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

+1 on the Amex BBP, with that profile, if the chase card can go down to 10% then a higher limit SL should kick in. The SL can also be recon’d after receiving the card to possibly 2x or more and it doesn’t hurt to ask. BT fee is 3% but I don’t think that matters as this is gonna be used for future expense, correct? This is a 0% apr offer for 15 months.

@mr_suave the BT offer is max 75% of SL (personally did 13k out of 18k SL)
Message 12 of 14
dlister70
Frequent Contributor

Discover It had 14 months of 0% interest on purchases and transfers (but there is a fee to transfer) when I got mine.  Amex Everyday had 15 months of 0% interest on purchases and transfers, and no transfer fee.

I couldn't find a card with more than 15 months on purchases, but there were several that had 15 (Quicksilver, SavorOne, Freedom, Everyday).  The Citi Simplicity has 21 months on transfers, but there is a 5% transfer fee.

I'm not sure if we're supposed to link other websites, but I just googled for 0% interest credit cards and found several lists that might help your friend know where to start.

Message 13 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

If there is military affiliation in the family, NFCU Plat is a good option that normally ends up with huge limits if the DTI supports them. 12 months at 0% with no fee. 

If there is no military affiliation, the PenFed Gold is a similar offering and anyone can join. 0% for 12 months with no fee. 

Honestly just hit up Google and search for balance transfer credit union cards. Also check for credit unions locally because there can be some gems. 

Most of the big issuer cards will have a fee between 3-5% on the BT which is extremely costly. 

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.