cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Advice- Capital One- Merge Cards (Close Quicksilver One or Quicksilver)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Need Advice- Capital One- Merge Cards (Close Quicksilver One or Quicksilver)

Hello,

I am looking to pay off a balance on one of my capital one cards and merge the available credit.

Quicksilver One-

Balance- $1160.04  

APR: 18.05%

Monthly Fee of $3

Quicksilver

Balance- $2512.57

APR: 25.12%

No monthly fee.

Capital one isn't willing to lower the APR or take off the annual fee. I am torn between the paying a monthly fee or paying a higher APR. I do intend on paying off both balances, and if I do use them to pay the balance before closing,  so maybe the APR won't be too big of a deal.  

Any advice would be helpful.

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
xaximus
Valued Contributor

Re: Need Advice- Capital One- Merge Cards (Close Quicksilver One or Quicksilver)

I believe with Cap1 - the account you're attempting to merge has to have a zero balance. You cannot merge accounts that have balances. I would pay off the balance on the QS1 and merge that to the QS. Then I would definitely pay the QS down to zero as that's a high APR.

Scores - All bureaus 770 +
TCL - Est. $410K
Message 2 of 4
HeavenOhio
Senior Contributor

Re: Need Advice- Capital One- Merge Cards (Close Quicksilver One or Quicksilver)

Unless the QS1 is markedly older than your other cards, I'd combine into the QS.

If the QS1 is your oldest card and several years older than your second oldest card, I wouldn't combine at this point. Rather, I'd check in every month for upgrade offers until it works or until you get sick of it. Make sure the card shows activity every month while you're doing this.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the replies

The QS1 is my oldest card. 2006

My second oldest is 2009
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.