663 EQ
656 EX
UNK TU
$1200 Collection Medical - Unpaid
$3100 Cap One Helzberg Bal $1900 3 yrs old
$300 Cap One MC Bal $200 8 yrs old
Next month will lower utl to under 10%
Student Loans 48k still at University.

Does lender look at tge type of card (jewelery) & do they also look at limit on card? So if i was able to get my credit score into the 700's that would be amazing! But if ur credit is only 2 cards a jewelry credit card and a low limit credit card like $300, do they see that as a negative? Despite a good fico.

Ultimately I will look for a CLI once I've lowered my utl & maintained it at that for a year.

I'm 40 yrs old & just never needed credit but I'm trying to change that for a lender in the next 3-5 years to get a home.

This wasn't short sorry.

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Heckmonkey

Re: Need CLI advice

Oh & what would some of u recommend for an avg. CLI & shoul I look to add some more credit cards (knowing this would effect my credit score through history).
Message 2 of 10
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Welcome to the forum. The lender will look at your pyt history, util and income to determine a CLI. I would suggest you try after you get your util down. Also, email the EO at Cap1 for a CLI, APR reduction and if there's an AF, to get that waived too.
Message 3 of 10
Heckmonkey

Thank u for ur response. Sorry very new to this what does EO mean? Yes my cards both have high apr & af.
Message 4 of 10
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Once your util. updates I would hit up the pre-qual on all the banks sites and apply for some hopefully off those offers....

citicards.com

chase

discovercard

barclay has one, you can look up link here... just make sure you get congrats message not suggested cards.

email exec office on your low limit cap 1 and ask for it to be raised to $5k... they will counter... ask for rewards and AF waiver also.

Message 5 of 10
Heckmonkey

Oh & for the record my CR shows I've never missed a payment. Just late at this game so know it will take a while but want to build some quality credit & get my fico up. Thank y'all.
Message 6 of 10
Heckmonkey

Perfect responses everyone!! Thank you for taking the time. I think my only concern is hard pulls (possible denials) & then history/avg length of time on cards dinging my credit. I bank w/ cap1 if that helps.
Message 7 of 10
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

EO means executive office. I'll pm you the email address. Just state how long you've had their cc, that you've had perfect pyts and unfortunately the CL is not growing with you. Then they will call you in a few days, when they do tell them what you want, CLI, APR reduction and fee waived

Message 8 of 10
Heckmonkey

Thanks Lexi I do thank you for that!

Message 9 of 10
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.