Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Christmas Credit Card

tag
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Need Christmas Credit Card

Time to scale back on gift giving for 2012.... seeing as you didn't really pay back the gifts for 2011... IIB....
FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 21 of 80
nicholasc77
Valued Member

the gifts for 2011 were on business credit and i always tried to pay my creditors but because of my explosive rate on my mortgage i had to file and last year was the most i ever spent because i bought my daughter a mercedes 

@webhopper wrote:
Time to scale back on gift giving for 2012.... seeing as you didn't really pay back the gifts for 2011... IIB....

Message 22 of 80
nicholasc77
Valued Member

I have four kids 

16,10,6, 9 months all girls

i want to get my my older children apple ipad and macbook each and some clothes and my 6 year old saw i real size dollhouse at fao schwartz 

so that why im just looking for some credit to rebuild 

@nicholasc77 wrote:

the gifts for 2011 were on business credit and i always tried to pay my creditors but because of my explosive rate on my mortgage i had to file and last year was the most i ever spent because i bought my daughter a mercedes 

@webhopper wrote:

Message 23 of 80
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

I'm guessing you had an ARM.... which reset or required a balloon payment.

I think you are asking a lot of middle income Americans how to get credit for Christmas and unfortunately its not possible due to your bankruptcy. Secured cards and loans will help you rebuild... as well as time.

Best advice is to stop searching for a new card because your credit is very black right now and not in a Alex centurion way.

I agree with posters who have suggested that you switch your spending to cash or secured card only. And there is nothing wrong with scaling back on gift giving for 1 year.
FICO 9:

Message 24 of 80
nicholasc77
Valued Member

@webhopper wrote:

I think you are asking a lot of middle income Americans how to get credit for Christmas and unfortunately its not possible due to your bankruptcy. Secured cards and loans will help you rebuild... as well as time.

Best advice is to stop searching for a new card because your credit is very black right now and not in a Alex centurion way.

I agree with posters who have suggested that you switch your spending to cash or secured card only. And there is nothing wrong with scaling back on gift giving for 1 year.

i bought my house in 2002 for 615,000 and today i owe close to 1.8 million and i did have arm with a rate of 8.750 and my taxes are about 26,000 a year which im in the process of grieving them i was on the verge of losing my home thank god i recieve a mod. and i consider myself the same as everybody on here i was just telling you the creditors and amounts. thank you i am gonna stick to cash for a while 

thanks

Message 25 of 80
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

As a parent I know how it feels to want to give nice gifts to your kids. But if you cant pay cash for it then you aren't doing them any favors at this point by giving them things you cant pay cash for.
FICO 9:

Message 26 of 80
nicholasc77
Valued Member

i bought my house in 2002 for 615,000 and today i owe close to 1.8 million and i did have arm with a rate of 8.750 and my taxes are about 26,000 a year which im in the process of grieving them i was on the verge of losing my home thank god i recieve a mod. and i consider myself the same as everybody on here i was just telling you the creditors and amounts. thank you i am gonna stick to cash for a while 

@webhopper wrote:
As a parent I know how it feels to want to give nice gifts to your kids. But if you cant pay cash for it then you aren't doing them any favors at this point by giving them things you cant pay cash for.

Message 27 of 80
dobirdsmommy
Established Contributor

@webhopper wrote:

+100000000     You didnt get your debt overnight so you are not gonna get lenders who you have burned 2 times with BK to trust you again overnight. It just doesnt happen.

building since 2011 Wallet:ME: Walmart 3k;Barclays Rewards 10k, Venture 18k; Slate 5k; Freedom 10k; overstock 4.8k, SGV2.5k; WEMC 20k 1.5 Rewards, Gamestop 1.2k, Fingerhut 3k; 2 NMAC Leases , VS 1.75k, BH 1.62k, Express 1.6k, Avenue 1.75k, JCrew 5k, HSN 1.47k, Torrid 1.55k, Roamans 1.4k, Jessica London 1.54k, kings direct 1.7k, Buckle 1.4k, WW 1.65k, ........ baddies:Fed Tax Lien
DH: 1750 capital one fh 2000, AU - VS, BH, HSN, WEMC, SPGV. Freedom, Slate, Venture, Barclays
Message 28 of 80
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Good luck to you!

I hope everything works out
FICO 9:

Message 29 of 80
gettnthere
Established Contributor

@webhopper wrote:

This really is good advice OP. I know it may seem like everyone is kind of "coming down" on you but we are honestly just trying to give you the best advice. I mean you literally just filed Bk for over $4 million dollars, its just gonna be virtually impossible to get any creditor to take a chance on you right now given all the recent events. its a wound only time can heal.

Starting Score: EQ 609, EX 633(Fako), TU 700
Current Score: EQ 699, EX 758, TU 733
Goal Score: 720 across the board
Garden Club Member-GC Challenge: App free since 10/31/12 Smiley Wink
Message 30 of 80
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.