Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Help to Boost my Credit

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Need Help to Boost my Credit

i need help to boost my credit. i paid everything on my credit but they are not going away. i am getting impatient now. after paying so much money, i am still stuck in the mud. The silly mistakes i made when i was young are still following me like a ghost. I am good money but cant get anything with credit. please if someone can help me with few tips to boost my credit.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
yfan
Valued Contributor

Re: Need Help to Boost my Credit

You're going to have to be more specific. What are the specific negative items, how old are they, how old is your credit history, etc.
Message 2 of 8
wmweeza
Established Contributor

One thing you should have done: Asked them to delete the item right after you paid it. You can still call them back and ask them to update the credit bureaus

Last App 10/14. FICO's: AMEX Ex 846, BarclayTU08 815.FAKOs:CreditKarma 775,CS score 771.BofA 5400,Target $5000,Barnes $8500,Amex $22k
Message 3 of 8
Blackswizz750
Established Contributor

If you havent, pull your reports on here an target all baddies and see if the get some deleted(if you paid through goodwill now or early if 6 monthsl left in your SOL). For the most part, stuff takes time, some items will have less effect on your credit than others. If you have anything with incorrect information, please challenge with a dispute, there are many examples on here on how to do so. Please list what you have so others here can help you and point you in the right direction.

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Paid credit cards but not in FULL, made settlement but i forget to ask for deletion while i was making settlement. Student loan Transfered to new company and it current but the old account which show missed payments. my credit history is 12 yrs old but i dont have any old account left other then these negitive ghost following me, even though i am paying them.

Message 5 of 8
Blackswizz750
Established Contributor

I Take who you paid off were chargeoffs. It doesnt hurt to ask now. Student loan companies are hard to take off your report. you can post qustions on each topic of your post in Credit rebuilding and list out the student loan servicers. Depending on who they are, there could be hope to some of the lates deleted. The same for credit card, if you dont mind listing banks who provided the credit cards, thet will help. SOme members on here knowsa great amount on the top lenders.

Message 6 of 8
Cherekas
Frequent Contributor

Welcome to the forum! You may want to check the rebuilding forum. There's tons of information on where to start to bounce back from credit problems. Also, if Capital One isnt one of the cards you had charged off or in collections, you may want to try their pre qual on their site. 

Score: F8 EQ 609, EX 597, TU 614 (1/17) Current Score: F8 EQ 701, EX 714, TU 689 (12/18)

Goal Score: 700+ across all 3--Gardening until May 2019
USAA Amex-USAA Rate Advantage VS- Amex Gold- Amex Delta Blue- Macys- NYC CC- Victoria's Secret- Cap 1 QS- NFCU CR- Care Credit- Firestone- Sams Club CC- Best Buy Visa- Paypal 2% MC

Total CL $96,300
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

thank you everyone for suggestions. 

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.