Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need One More Card Looking For Secured Suggestions

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Need One More Card Looking For Secured Suggestions

Hello everyone! Im workingon Re-building my credit currently. I Have a Capital One Platinum unsecured card with a 300$ Limit. Yesterday i just app'd and was accepted for a Discover Secured card with a 200$ limit/deposit. From what ive been reading on here i will build the most credit with 3 cards so im just wondering what one i should look into pickin up next? Any good suggestions for a card that will actually graduate to a unsecured card after awhile? Any info or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

4 REPLIES 4
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Re: Need One More Card Looking For Secured Suggestions

I would try joining local CU, a lot of times they will have *starter* cards.
If that's not an option, here is the link to an older thread dealing with secured cards

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Best-Secured-Cards-that-Graduate/td-p/4912438
Message 2 of 5
Meskini
New Contributor

I was in the same boat last year and opted for three secured cards: Discover, Capitalone, and U.S. Bank cards. They worked great for me.

Good luck! Smiley Happy

We live and learn!
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Personally, I'd probably just wait six months to a year and then app for an unsecured if there wasn't a secured card that jumped out at me as being super useful.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you! Really appreciated that list. Being as my father is a service member im going to go for the Navy Federal Credit Union Card. I was already thinking about going with them once my credit was a bit better but i didnt know how liberal they were with there card graduation policies. 

This forum is awesome!

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.