cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Suggestions for balance transfer card!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Need Suggestions for balance transfer card!

I need to transfer a 6,700 balance from a Discover card before my July billing statement. My FICO is 750 (Transunion). I also have an Amex Blue Cash Everyday, and three cards (Banana Republic Visa, Lowe's, and Amazon) with Synchrony. Two of the Synchrony cards are at $0.

I'm not overly concerned about rewards, I'm just really looking for something with a long )% BT APR and a high SL.

Thank you!

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
xaximus
Valued Contributor

Re: Need Suggestions for balance transfer card!

You have a few options, I'll list them below -

Citi Simplicity - 18-21 months on BTs
Citi DoubleCash - 12-18 months on BTs
Amex EveryDay - 15 months on BTs
Bank of America AmeriCard - 15-18 months on BTs

There's most definitely more cards to look at but I would look towards either AmEx (since you already have one and they are known to grow quickly) and BoA (known to grow quickly). It's hard to say without knowing what your limit may be since having a 750 can mean either thin or baddies but either way, AmEx or BoA are known to grow.

Scores - All bureaus 770 +
TCL - Est. $410K
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for your response! It looks like I'm pre-qualified for the BoA Americard online. Do you happen to know if their SL's are generally decent? (My only baddie is a bankruptcy from 8 years ago, by the way.) 

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

The Amex card also gives you 15 months interest free on purchases

They approved me for an $8000 limit with 5000 able to be used for balance transfer.

I had an existing no interest balance on another card, so I transferred that and my then-current month's Visa balance over.

In my case I use Amex Membership Rewards, so a card that gives me interest free membership rewards is good for things where the charge cards also only give one point per dollar.

Message 4 of 8
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Thank you for your response! It looks like I'm pre-qualified for the BoA Americard online. Do you happen to know if their SL's are generally decent? (My only baddie is a bankruptcy from 8 years ago, by the way.) 

Be cautious with BofA “prequals.” They’re more of a “suggestion” than a prequal. You already have an Amex. Have you checked for prequals for any of their cards? They have some decent O APR cards with good SUBs too. Plus it would likely be only a SP.

Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 16.5k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 5 of 8
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

I agree BOA are usually not preapprovals at all. Amex might be a better bet.
EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Personally speaking, I'd probaly go with Amex ED first. Only because existing member status, and the ability to Transfer CL if needed.

While I like Citi's longer promo period, they can be stingy with SL. And you don't seem to have another Citi product to tranfer CL with them.

There's also the Chase Slate w/0% for 15 months if you're under 5/24.

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you have military affiliation and low DTI, the NFCU Platinum’s no-fee 12 month 0% is quite a nice card. They even seem to do Christmas promos where even existing cardholders get a low or no APR BT offer to move their holiday charges off of other companies’ cards. 

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.