Did you mean: 

Need a CC recomendation

tag
JohnDoe12
New Contributor

Re: Need a CC recomendation

@leoment wrote:

@JohnDoe12 wrote:

Just pulled my EQ score it's 710.   My TU is probably similar as the same info shows on the report.

MyFICO Score Watch interprets my Applied Bank secure card is not showing as revolving credit! It's showing up as Consumer Financing Account! This is hurting my score according to the report.  In addition, it says I have no revolving credit. I'm getting hit twice for this damn account.

On the other end of the report, it says there's been recent CC use that is helping my score.. go figure.

I need a plan to get some real revolving credit.  I don't want any junk cards, I only put a few expenses on my card and pay it off in full every month. Because of that I'd like a card with some of the following:

High cash back

No foreign transaction fees

Maybe a miles card... maybe...

I don't want to pay any annual fee.

I get a few offers from Credit One, Capital 1, and Chase... They just seem like stock cards with > 20% APR.  Usary laws in my state are only 20%... These people are crooks.  

Thanks,

JD12

The only cards I can think of are:

Penfed Platinum Rewards Visa (probably your best bet if you have ties with Penfed)

Cap1 cards (either Cash Rewards or VentureOne with no AF)

Discover IT (but not accepted widely overseas despite no FTF)

BoA Travel Rewards

Some don't have high cashback %, but all are FTF free.. It's a tradeoff :\

Starting Score: EQ 660, TU 698 | 30-Jan 2011
Current Score: EX ???, EQ ???, TU 822 | 11-Aug 2015
Goal Score:EX 700, EQ 700, TU 720 | 30-Jan 2011
Goal Score:
EX 800, EQ 800, TU 843 | 30-Aug 2015
***High Score:TU 843 - Dec 2014 ***
Message 11 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.