Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need a better card with a higher limit

tag
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

Re: Need a better card with a higher limit

Is the Verizon baddie reporting to all 3?  What kind of rewards are you interested in?  Cash back?  Flyer miles?

Where did you get your scores?  Mainly the EX score?

BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 11 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

the verizon was on on my EX.    I was just approved for an AMEX blue cash and i'm waiting on the discover decision.     i will simply stop using capitalone since there is no real benefit to using it and they refuse to increase my credit line.   all my reports show zero balances out side of my mortgage and student loans, and all score in the high 700s.  i'm not sure what capitalone's problem is but it is no longer my "problem."

Message 12 of 13
Pushto700
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous-own-fico wrote:

Actually it's quite easy. Let's say you have a card with a $1,000 credit limit, which reports at the statement cutoff.

Ift doesn't matter if you spend $10 or $500 throughout the cycle. You can still pay down to $10 before the statement cut.

That leaves you with a 1% util, and your score will be better very soon. Smiley Very Happy

(Don't forget to pay the minimum by the due date.)

That's EXACTLY what I do. You don't wait for the statement to cut...pay the bill BEFORE the statement cuts. I do it like 5-7 days prior, so there would be no way of coming close tro reporting my statement balance. You are under their control by carrying balances. Stay away from that as much as possible.  

Starting Score: TU: ?-- EQ: ?--EX 560 (8-08)
Current Score: TU: 671 (3-10) 625 (4-10/Rebucketed)--EQ: 674 (3-10)--EX 630 (Lender 11-09)
Goal Score: TU: 750--EQ: 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.