Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need a card that

tag
Cheryla18
Established Contributor

Need a card that

Which CC out there pulls TU only....as this is my highest score atm. It does't matter if it is a store card or not.

Any info is appreciated.

Current as of 3/21/18 EQ 609 TU 619 EX 628
Discharge 7/2016 Ch 7 BK
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Ailee92

Re: Need a card that

@Cheryla18 wrote:

Which CC out there pulls TU only....as this is my highest score atm. It does't matter if it is a store card or not.

Any info is appreciated.

anything Barclay, but it also depends on that state you reside in. Some States primarily pulls Transunion.  GE also pulls Transunion.

Message 2 of 8
SnackTrader
Valued Contributor

Unfortunately, when your scores are sub 600, your approval chances on any of your reports are pretty slim. I would recommend holding off on apps and working on rebuilding your score first. A secured card would also be appropriate for your situation.

In My Wallet: Amex BCP (12/12) $50,000, Chase Freedom (12/12) $16,500, Cap1 Quicksilver (6/12) $14,000, Barclaycard Rewards (5/13) $10,500, Citi Prestige (4/16) $30,000

Last App: June 27, 2015
Message 3 of 8
myjourney
Super Contributor

@Cheryla18 wrote:

Any info is appreciated.

GE cards and Barclay

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 4 of 8
NonSufficientFunds
Frequent Contributor

Barclay only pulled TransUnion for my NFL Extra Points Card = $4500CL

My other reports don't even show an inquiry from Barclay.

Message 5 of 8
Cheryla18
Established Contributor

@SnackTrader wrote:
Unfortunately, when your scores are sub 600, your approval chances on any of your reports are pretty slim. I would recommend holding off on apps and working on rebuilding your score first. A secured card would also be appropriate for your situation.

I have 1 new Secured CC with a $1,000.00 CL. The LO that I talked to basically said  I need more revolving credit. I'm just not sure what is the best plan of action.

Current as of 3/21/18 EQ 609 TU 619 EX 628
Discharge 7/2016 Ch 7 BK
Message 6 of 8
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 7 of 8
SnackTrader
Valued Contributor

Well, I'm not sure what the best plan of action is either, but from reading a few of your past threads it sounds like you are working on your baddies, which is great.

Your second step is to get a few positive tradelines, which appears to be what you are working on now. The problem is, that won't happen overnight. And you will only hurt yourself more if you try to rush it. A new card probably needs 4-6 months reporting before it will really help you in approvals for unsecured credit.

I would suggest waiting a little longer before applying for anything since denials will only add INQs and lower your score. If you really feel it is necessary, you could get a second secured card to make sure that you have 2 new positive tradelines reporting, but either way you will likely need to wait until the card you have now ages to 6 months before you have a shot at unsecured credit.

Then again, there are always the bloodsucker subprime lenders out there, but I'm not an expert in that category and would have to defer any advice for them.

In all reality, you are probably close to a year or longer away from qualifying for a mortgage with your current scores unless something out of the ordinary occurs.

In My Wallet: Amex BCP (12/12) $50,000, Chase Freedom (12/12) $16,500, Cap1 Quicksilver (6/12) $14,000, Barclaycard Rewards (5/13) $10,500, Citi Prestige (4/16) $30,000

Last App: June 27, 2015
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.