cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need a good card for Cell Phone Electric bill Gas bill Cable bill - suggestions please

tag
roshan
Contributor

Need a good card for Cell Phone Electric bill Gas bill Cable bill - suggestions please

hi

I am looking for one good card for following:

Cell Phone

Electric bill

Gas bill

Cable bill

Which can give some type of cash back. May be cash reward or points.

Please suggest a good credit card.

Thank you

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
Burukan

Re: Need a good card for Cell Phone Electric bill Gas bill Cable bill - suggestions please

The Barclay Rewards card is 2% on all utility purchases. That's the only one I know of. I remember hearing about the US Bank Cash card being a good option but I don't know considering its rewards structure is changing.

Message 2 of 17
sengpatt
Regular Contributor

Re: Need a good card for Cell Phone Electric bill Gas bill Cable bill - suggestions please

For telecom (cell phone + cable), the Chase Ink cards (Bold, Ink, and others) give 5x Ultimate Rewards points. They are business credit cards though, so you would have to meet their requirements for owning a business.

As for other bills, the old go-to used to be the US Bank Cash+, but those days are over...
EX: 758 (10/12), TU: ???, EQ: ???

BankAmericard Travel Rewards // Citi Forward // Amex Blue Cash Preferred // Gap Visa
Message 3 of 17
GoRavens
Established Member

You could app for the U.S. Bank Cash+.  They used to give 5x cash back from all the categories you listed but have since eliminated all but Cell Phone.  There have also been instances reported where certain cable bills qualify for 5x cash back but it has to do with the MCC.  Also, keep in mind that if you don't qualify for a $5K limit (thus, Visa Signature) you will not get any accelerated reward categories.  The only other card I'm aware of that gives accelerated earnings for utilities is Chase Ink but that is a business CC and I'm not sure how easy it is to get a business CC as an individual.
Message 4 of 17
bs6054
Valued Contributor

@Burukan wrote:

The Barclay Rewards card is 2% on all utility purchases. That's the only one I know of. I remember hearing about the US Bank Cash card being a good option but I don't know considering its rewards structure is changing.

But if you are thinking of applying for that, apply for the Barclays Priceline instead, which gives 2% off everything (if you apply from Priceline.com).  There is no advantage to the Rewards card over that

Message 5 of 17
NJTurnpike
Established Contributor

@sengpatt wrote:
For telecom (cell phone + cable), the Chase Ink cards (Bold, Ink, and others) give 5x Ultimate Rewards points. They are business credit cards though, so you would have to meet their requirements for owning a business.

As for other bills, the old go-to used to be the US Bank Cash+, but those days are over...

You could apply for the Chase ink card as a sole proprietorship. If you've ever recently sold something on ebay or on craigslist or to someone you know, you should be fine.

DCU ( pulled 3/29/13) EQ04 683 | Amex (pulled 3/28/13) EX 760 | US Bank (pulled 3/28/13) EX 753
CreditKarma (4/19/13) TU-TR 701 | TU Vantage 788 | USAA FAKO (3/31/13) EX 728, EQ 699, TU 737 |
Inquiries (4/18/13) EX 13 | EQ 13 | TU 14
Message 6 of 17
roshan
Contributor

@GoRavens wrote:
You could app for the U.S. Bank Cash+.  They used to give 5x cash back from all the categories you listed but have since eliminated all but Cell Phone.  There have also been instances reported where certain cable bills qualify for 5x cash back but it has to do with the MCC.  Also, keep in mind that if you don't qualify for a $5K limit (thus, Visa Signature) you will not get any accelerated reward categories.  The only other card I'm aware of that gives accelerated earnings for utilities is Chase Ink but that is a business CC and I'm not sure how easy it is to get a business CC as an individual.

I don't have any U.S. Bank near me so how to apply for Cash+ do you know?

thank you

Message 7 of 17
roshan
Contributor

@NJTurnpike wrote:

@sengpatt wrote:

You could apply for the Chase ink card as a sole proprietorship. If you've ever recently sold something on ebay or on craigslist or to someone you know, you should be fine.

What type of proof they need to prove your business? as I don't have any.

Message 8 of 17
WarJar101
Frequent Contributor

Barclays Priceline Visa!

Rebuilding...been out of the game for a minute. Now, after suffering I'm back with greater wisdom. Scores: Currently @ around 6 teens to 20's, across all three EQ,TU, EX
Message 9 of 17
Open123
Super Contributor

@WarJar101 wrote:

Barclays Priceline Visa!

+1

Best for utilities, unless US Bank Cash+ has a "Utilities" 5% category.

Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.