cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need a good card for Cell Phone Electric bill Gas bill Cable bill - suggestions please

tag
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

Re: Need a good card for Cell Phone Electric bill Gas bill Cable bill - suggestions please

Have heard that US Bank Cash+ is great when choosing category for cell phone bill, and I also heard that you can apply through the phone you can give them a call at

800-285-8585 to make sure.

Discover IT $2,600- First Premier MasterCard $1,000- Dillards Store Card $300- Fingerhut Advantage $200
Chapter 7 BK Dischagred on 07/11/16. Gardening Since 01/17/2019
Message 11 of 17
NJTurnpike
Established Contributor

Re: Need a good card for Cell Phone Electric bill Gas bill Cable bill - suggestions please

I haven't done it myself, but a friend did it as sole proprietorship. He siad just be prepared to answer their questions about your buiness. namely, you just started. Its a sole proprietorship. you sell things on ebay/craigslist/give guitar lessons. not sure what else they asked.

DCU ( pulled 3/29/13) EQ04 683 | Amex (pulled 3/28/13) EX 760 | US Bank (pulled 3/28/13) EX 753
CreditKarma (4/19/13) TU-TR 701 | TU Vantage 788 | USAA FAKO (3/31/13) EX 728, EQ 699, TU 737 |
Inquiries (4/18/13) EX 13 | EQ 13 | TU 14
Message 12 of 17
roshan
Contributor

I am going to try US Bank Cash+ by phone. Lets see what happens.
Message 13 of 17
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@bs6054 wrote:

@Burukan wrote:

The Barclay Rewards card is 2% on all utility purchases. That's the only one I know of. I remember hearing about the US Bank Cash card being a good option but I don't know considering its rewards structure is changing.

But if you are thinking of applying for that, apply for the Barclays Priceline instead, which gives 2% off everything (if you apply from Priceline.com).  There is no advantage to the Rewards card over that

I second this.

A 2% for everything card is very rare.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 14 of 17
Ron1
Super Contributor

They don't have billpay starting today. I hope they will bring it back later this year. Barclays Rewards WMC is alternative choice.

Ron.

Message 15 of 17
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Ron1 wrote:

They don't have billpay starting today. I hope they will bring it back later this year. Barclays Rewards WMC is alternative choice.

Ron.

I have this card Ron, what kind of rewards do you get back for utilities??

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 16 of 17
bs6054
Valued Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

@Ron1 wrote:

Ron.

I have this card Ron, what kind of rewards do you get back for utilities??

It's 2% on utilities, gas and groceries, so, as we agreed above, a subset of the Priceline version.

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.