cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need a new bank + Auto loan & CC in future. Advice?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Need a new bank + Auto loan & CC in future. Advice?

If I transfer money from a NFCU checking account, or and Australian bank checking account to the Fidelity account, will there be fees for the transfer since one is from another bank and the second is from a foreign bank?

Message 21 of 25
Blackswizz750
Established Contributor

The Fidelity looks like a nice option to have. I will look into all it can do for my needs.

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

You can always do something like NFCU or PenFed like others stated as they are both great CU's and good rates on Auto, etc..  Then do something like a Fidelity CMA (ash management account that acts like a checking account) .    The CMA is a Soft pull to open and no min amount required and can get checks as well.  No ATM fees local or international as they reimburse EVERYTHING to you.  So basically what I do is use PenFed as my main bank/cu and transfer money to my Fidelity CMA aka debit card and use that to withdrawl cash whenever I might actually use cash.  Gets around fees for ANY ATM and the flexibility of using any bank/CU you might choose.

Message 22 of 25
beastykato

This thread got me interested in the NFCU.  I looked on their website and their auto loan rates are actually lower than PenFed's, albeit not by much.   

I can definitely reccomend PenFed to the OP though.  They have been fantastic and had no problem switching my credit cards a couple times and gave me 2 auto loans very willingly without much hassle at all.  I just recently refinanced my truck from BoA @ 2.99% to PenFed @ 1.99%, but I see NFCU actually offers 1.79% for the same loan. Not too shabby at all.  

So, joing NFCU just consists of buying the $55 memership to Navy League and you're good to go? 

Message 23 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Don't borrow where you save.
Message 24 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just opened a High Yield Investor Checking account with Charles Schwab. Most say it costs them an HP, but I put "student" down and "$15,000" as my income and haven't gotten an HP. Maybe it was because of that. They must've pulled a SP.

The account is the same as the Fidelity CMA, but this account comes with a debit card that has $0 ATM fees and $0 foreign transaction fees, and free checks. This will be my debit now. Very awesome card. Plus you get a free brokerage account with them (no fees on it and no min bal), and an entire database of stock market research and information. That could be helpful in the future.

Ill use that account, and maybe in 5 months begin my journey with NFCU and get a GO Rewards CC to build a history with them to prepare me for an auto loan in a few years.

Message 25 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.