cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need a new cc with a good balance transfer offer....

tag
buyhouse36
Regular Contributor

Need a new cc with a good balance transfer offer....

As of yesterday, my score sits at 686.  I just opened an account with my credit union and got a visa with 3500 cl at 9.9%. Great...that absorbed all my balances with interest over 10%. Now  I need a CC with a 0% intro on balance transfers for another 5K or so.  I already have 2 inquiries this year...one for my car and one for the visa. So I want to hit the bullseye with the right company. I dont want to apply all over the place because I think it will hurt my score and I would prefer a company that pulls equifax.  Also, rule out Chase and Wells Fargo.  I still have balances under 'special financing' on some closed accounts with them. In June I finally paid off a CC with a 17K cl. Once I paid it I thought they would offer a new card...NO DICE due to special financing.

Any suggestions?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Need a new cc with a good balance transfer offer....

The Citi Platinum Select seems to be the best choice for BT right now because it's 0 for 21 months.

I'm not 100% positive you would be approved for the 5K you want with a 686 score (is that a Fico? and if it is, is it EQ, TU, or EX?)

Citi pulled EQ for me in NC.

Citi Platinum Select

Edited to add link.

Message 2 of 7
minimock
Frequent Contributor

Also, they just slipped in a new proviso, 12 months if your credit is not so good.

Message 3 of 7
Guava
Established Contributor

Citi Diamond Preferred card and Citi Simplicity card both have the longest balance transfer 0% APR out there, 21 months

Starting Score (08/11/11): TU08: 643
Current Score: TU08: 741
Goal Score: Stay in the 700s; keep reports clean

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 7
buyhouse36
Regular Contributor

I have/had a citibank platinum card with a $11K limit until 2009. First they slashed my credit limit to about 100 more than I owed them...around 5900. Then they sent a letter that my interest rate was going up to something ridiculous... Our only options were to "opt-out" or pay up.  We were forced to opt -out. We were just coming up for air then financially and couldnt veer off course just to keep them as active. I wish they would reopen it for those that always kept a good record with them.  We still owe about 4400...since our interest with them is so low...around 6%...we are in no rush to pay them. 

Message 5 of 7
Guava
Established Contributor

If you're on bad term with Citi then maybe try for Cap1? The Capital One Cash CC has 0% APR for 12 months (http://www.capitalone.com/creditcards/cash-rewards-credit-card)

Starting Score (08/11/11): TU08: 643
Current Score: TU08: 741
Goal Score: Stay in the 700s; keep reports clean

Message 6 of 7
LTomBerry
Frequent Contributor

American Express Clear. No BT fee and 0% for 12 months.

Starting Score: 690
Current Score: EQ 780 EX 814 TU 783
Goal Score: 800

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.