Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need advice for mini spree

tag
seat3a
Contributor

Re: Need advice for mini spree

@NewtoCredit80 wrote:
You could apply for a discover card and Citi Simplicity card. Discover card has 15 month 0% apr and citi card has 18 month 0% apr. Rewards wise Discover card is better but limited acceptance outside US. if you willing to burn a HP then you could ask for a cli on your CSP. Chase might raise you to 10000.

10K on my CSP would be exactly what I want, but MIGHT is what I am afraid of as they seem to be conservative. I do have $ rolling in their checking account every month for what that is worth....

Barclay Arrival World MC 10K, Citi AAdvantage 16K, Chase Sapphire Preferred 15K, AMEX Gold Delta Skymiles 16K, Venture One 5K, Discover Direct Rewards (Cap 1) $300, Discover Direct Rewards (Cap 1) $500

Scores: EX 764 EQ 750 TU 809 MyFico 739 Last App 11/13
Message 11 of 19
seat3a
Contributor

@MissCredit9 wrote:

How long did you want to carry the balance? CITI Diamond preferred is a good card for that bc of 0% for 18 months. The Chase card that you mentioned working well with Sapphire is the Freedom which also offers a 0% introductory period during which time it would be cool to carry a balance. Remember that carrying a balance on any rewards card that is charging interest will likely negate any type of rewards or points that you earn.

The balance would be carried a max of 6 months. I understand about the interest but I don't mind 6 months so much. How does the CSP work with the Freedom?

Thanks for the help.

Barclay Arrival World MC 10K, Citi AAdvantage 16K, Chase Sapphire Preferred 15K, AMEX Gold Delta Skymiles 16K, Venture One 5K, Discover Direct Rewards (Cap 1) $300, Discover Direct Rewards (Cap 1) $500

Message 12 of 19
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Amex approved my BCE immediately after the CLI my Delta Gold. If youre looking for points I would either go Amex BCP through creditcards.com ($250 bonus) or Chase Sapphire Preferred in branch for lower spend requirement (2k vs 3k for 3 months). Freedom has a 10k bonus and both CSP and Freedom have an annual bonus on points (7% I believe). Chase also isnt as tempermental about carrying a balance as Amex is.

If you like points I would def look into Freedom and CSP.
Message 13 of 19
seat3a
Contributor

@B335is wrote:
Amex approved my BCE immediately after the CLI my Delta Gold. If youre looking for points I would either go Amex BCP through creditcards.com ($250 bonus) or Chase Sapphire Preferred in branch for lower spend requirement (2k vs 3k for 3 months). Freedom has a 10k bonus and both CSP and Freedom have an annual bonus on points (7% I believe). Chase also isnt as tempermental about carrying a balance as Amex is.

If you like points I would def look into Freedom and CSP.

Thanks so much for the info. Also, I just recevied a Slate 0% until 2/1/15, then 12.99. I assume this CC won't tie in with the CSP?

Message 14 of 19
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Slate doesnt have a points structure. Its intended to be a balance carrying card. Ink has a bonus offer on the business side of their cards.
Message 15 of 19
seat3a
Contributor

@B335is wrote:
Slate doesnt have a points structure. Its intended to be a balance carrying card. Ink has a bonus offer on the business side of their cards.

Thanks, I understand.

Message 16 of 19
MissCredit9
Frequent Contributor

@seat3a wrote:

@MissCredit9 wrote:

How long did you want to carry the balance? CITI Diamond preferred is a good card for that bc of 0% for 18 months. The Chase card that you mentioned working well with Sapphire is the Freedom which also offers a 0% introductory period during which time it would be cool to carry a balance. Remember that carrying a balance on any rewards card that is charging interest will likely negate any type of rewards or points that you earn.

The balance would be carried a max of 6 months. I understand about the interest but I don't mind 6 months so much. How does the CSP work with the Freedom?

Thanks for the help.

I think the Freedom offers 0% for 15 months, others feel free to correct me if I am wrong. It pairs well with Sapphire because you can  transfer points between the two I believe. This can be quite lucrative with the 5% rotating categories offered on the Freedom if you spend heavily in those areas. I don't know from personal experience but most on here say the two make a great pair. Hopefully this is helpful to you.

AMEX PRG NPSL, FIDELITY REWARDS 50K, CHASE SAPPHIRE RESERVE 27K, AMEX DELTA SKYMIES GOLD 25K, CITI DIAMOND PREFERRED 22K, CHASE FREEDOM 20K, CITI DOUBLE CASH 15.5K, BARCLAYCARD REWARDS MASTERCARD 15K, CHASE MARRIOTT PREMIER 5K, CAPITAL ONE SONY CARD 5.75K, CAPITAL ONE QUICKSILVER 3.5K, AMAZON STORECARD 6K, VICTORIAS SECRET 2650, EXPRESS NEXT 1850,Gardening2/17/17.
Message 17 of 19
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

MissCredit9 is correct, the Freedom/CSP combo works well ESP if you are planning a trip and want the 1:1 points transfer.
Message 18 of 19
seat3a
Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:
MissCredit9 is correct, the Freedom/CSP combo works well ESP if you are planning a trip and want the 1:1 points transfer.

Thanks! I appreciate everyone's help!

Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.