Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need advice for my credit cards

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

i have 2 capital one credait cards   QS: $2500  PLATINUM  : $1700   and 1 credit one : $750

i start last year october with $300 QS capital one and they increase to $500, $2000 and $2500 which was 6 month ago, heavy activity , like $3200 rental, insurance,utility, and everything make paymnet at least 6 to 8 time at the month, and utilization between %5 to %9, ,

i realy need more limit for QS capital one and ,when i did online for CLI, they just approved $500, which i didn"t accept it and have same limit as $2500.

i called  to customer service , and executive office and no help at all.

and unfortunately my credit score is low, EQ : 614  EX: 613  TU: 638

what is the best option i have apply for new crdit card ?(hard to approve)

or accpet $500 CLI from QS capital one?

appreciate your advice on this matter

Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Need advice for my credit cards

In order for you to get more helpful responses, this needs to be moved in the appropriate forum ☺️ 

Im sure a mod will move for you shortly ☺️

Message 2 of 20
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Do you have recent baddies? Meaning newer than two years old.

Have you thought of joining Navy Fed? They could be your ticket to higher limits. As usual YMMV.

Your scores alone are good enough for them. Just depends on the rest of your profile.

Message 3 of 20
joltdude
Senior Contributor

take the 500 cli and then see if you can merge the platinum with the qs?

your going to need to work on some baddies before c one will entertain larger cli's...or another card....(plus theres some word of a 6mo wait requirement between applying for new cap one cards).... 

can try navy fed.... they are pretty liberal with not so stellar scores.. but you are not likely to get the cl's you desire out of the gate... 

they are generous and will get up there esp if your scores improve... and it wouldnt take much....

Message 4 of 20
thummel
Established Contributor

Your scores are really going to hold you back from getting higher limits at this point. What's bringing them down so much is going to be the key.
Message 5 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have 6 collection account which 3 of them 2 years old.
1) $2640 on date of FEB 2014
2) $98 on date of 30 Jan 2014
3)$841 on date of 5 jun 2015
And the other 3 for 2013..
And I also just open new installment account with capital one for $35000. ( just paid first payment last month )
And also I can't merge platinum with Quick sliver because platinum is secured credit card .
Is it good idea apply for another unsecured capital one credit card like platinum or another Quick silver credit card ?
What's is better odd for what type of credit card I have with score 611 mid ?
If I accept $500 credit line increase by Quick silver one, I don't have any more chance until next 6 month , right ?
And the last thing I just have 3 credit card if I open another credit card, wouild be help for improve my credit score ?

Thanks guys for all your respond
Message 6 of 20
joltdude
Senior Contributor

Sorry, I didnt realize your plat was the secured one... my apologies... (thats also why i said if you can merge them.. its secured so its difficult to impossible.. ..there are a few reports of people graduating with cap one secured cards now.. but its still not a sure thing.... its a very YMMV thing... (youd do it by graduating and PCing it to a QS or even a QS1 but I don't think its worth the time or effort for unpredictable results)

I wouldn't get another C1 card right now... you probably cant (theres reports of a 6month rule now between apps for cards)

Id look into Navy Fed... 

And how many hard pulls do you have... 

At this point id still take the 500 from cap1... you still should get an increase from credit steps... 

Also you should look into rebuilding.... you need to rebuild... perhaps PFD or PIF on some of those collections..

You probably can apply for another card right now, but should you is a real question id ask myself....

Your still very likely to have to rinse and repeat for most cards still..  But if you want another card, id try to get in with Navy Fed.... 

Read the instructions carefully if you want to use the affiliation membership to get you into this CU..

-J

@Anonymous wrote:
I have 6 collection account which 3 of them 2 years old.
1) $2640 on date of FEB 2014
2) $98 on date of 30 Jan 2014
3)$841 on date of 5 jun 2015
And the other 3 for 2013..
And I also just open new installment account with capital one for $35000. ( just paid first payment last month )
And also I can't merge platinum with Quick sliver because platinum is secured credit card .
Is it good idea apply for another unsecured capital one credit card like platinum or another Quick silver credit card ?
What's is better odd for what type of credit card I have with score 611 mid ?
If I accept $500 credit line increase by Quick silver one, I don't have any more chance until next 6 month , right ?
And the last thing I just have 3 credit card if I open another credit card, wouild be help for improve my credit score ?

Thanks guys for all your respond

Message 7 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Already hired sky blue credit repair anout month ago ,
I tried couple of time to be member of NAVY FED ..., with online or by phone but they saying they can't accept me for some Reason which I don't know why !!!
If I close my stupid CREDIT ONE credit card ( since last June 2015), will be effect to my credit report or score ? Low limit , pay $10 every month, and ,,,,
My other question is :
What is the better odd I have to. Approve and what credit company ? (611 credit mud score).
Thanks

Message 8 of 20
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

i have 2 capital one credait cards   QS: $2500  PLATINUM  : $1700   and 1 credit one : $750

start last year october with $300 QS capital one and they increase to $500, $2000 and $2500 which was 6 month ago, heavy activity , like $3200 rental, insurance,utility, and everything make paymnet at least 6 to 8 time at the month, and utilization between %5 to %9, ,

i realy need more limit for QS capital one and ,when i did online for CLI, they just approved $500, which i didn"t accept it and have same limit as $2500.

called  to customer service , and executive office and no help at all.

I would suggest trying for Barclay Rewards card, I've been very satisfied with that.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 701 TU 704 EX 685

Message 9 of 20
zerofire
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

i start last year october with $300 QS capital one and they increase to $500, $2000 and $2500 which was 6 month ago, heavy activity , like $3200 rental, insurance,utility, and everything make paymnet at least 6 to 8 time at the month, and utilization between %5 to %9, ,

i called  to customer service , and executive office and no help at all.

You should have accepted the $500. There is no reason to decline a CLI as it increases your limits, your avalable credit and by extension improves your utalization. In your case you seam to be using the cards to the limits every month which is good for Capitol One. Capitol One goes by your usage and by your credit score so expect small increases until your score improves. I would look at your report, see what is holding you down and work to correct it. The less baddies on there the higher the score and I can assure you that even when I had no credit history my score was higher than yours is. If you want another card I recommend BoA Cash Rewards as they will try to approve you for it and then offer a secured card instead if you are too low. The secured card does graduate to unsecured and will grow with you as your score improves and your time with BoA increases.

TU:837 09/19/23 Bank of America--EX: 841 09/20/23 Experian--EQ:832 09/21/23 myFICO--Gardening since N/A
Active:
Bank of America (Unlimited Cash Rewards WMC, Customized Cash Rewards WMC, Customized Cash Rewards VSC), Capital One Walmart WMC, Chase(Amazon Prime VSC, Freedom Flex WEMC [x2], Freedom Unlimited VC), Citi Dividend MC, Citizens GreenSense MC, Curve WEMC, Discover It C, FNBO Ducks Unlimited VSC, PenFed (Platinum Rewards VSC, Pathfinder Rewards VSC), Synchrony Bank PayPal Cashback MC, UMB Bank Simply Rewards VC[Milford Federal], US Bank (Altitude Go VSC, Cash+ VSC [x2], Pick n Save/Metro Market WEMC)
Wishlist: AAA Daily Advantage Visa, AOD Signature, Bellco Colorado Rewards, Citi Custom Cash, EBates, Nusenda Platinum Cash Rewards, Ollo Optimum, Redstone Signature, Security Service Power Travel Rewards, Vantage West Connect Rewards
Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.