cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need advice on US Bank product change!

Auto Loans for ANY Credit Situation. Immediate Response.
Advertiser disclosure
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Need advice on US Bank product change!

Hi Fico Forum Friends!

I need some advice on getting a US Bank product change.

I currently have 2 credit cards with US Bank:

US Bank Platinum: $300 CL (it used to be a secured card but now its unsecured)

US Bank Platinum: $4000 CL

I was told that both cards are eligible for a product change to either a Flexperks or a Cash+ card.

What would you do?

I was thinking of having them convert the lower limit card to a Cash+ in hopes that maybe they would raise the limit (I thought all Cash+ cards had to be Signature Visa cards) but I'm not sure if that would actually work.

I was hoping that someday they would drop the APR on the $4000 card so that it would become my "emergency/carry a balance over several months" card but the APR will be as high as reward cards when the introductory period is finshed.

I'm not sure if I want the Flexperks card. I think I would prefer cashback over points that can be diluted.

What does the fico family suggest? Cat Embarassed

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
New Contributor

Re: Need advice on US Bank product change!

gow long u had them to do pc? (just wondering i have a 1.5k card wanting to do the same)

i prefer the flexperks now over the cash + after having discover it and freedom.. covered most of my regular spending
CSP 10k 0 Discover It 7.8k AmazonVisa 3k Freedom 1500 US Bank Cash Rewards 1500 BofA123 3300 SallieMae 3800
Message 2 of 11
Regular Contributor

@rustystick wrote:
gow long u had them to do pc? (just wondering i have a 1.5k card wanting to do the same)

i prefer the flexperks now over the cash + after having discover it and freedom.. covered most of my regular spending

I've had the unsecured card since April of 2009....the larger card since September of 2013 2012. [edit]

Also, I should mention my only 5% rotating category card is the Citi Dividends card which hasnt been offering the best 5% categories this year.

Message 3 of 11
Valued Contributor

@charyot77 wrote:

@rustystick wrote:

I've had the unsecured card since April of 2009....the larger card since September of 2013.

Sept 2013 eh? ;D

Scores: about 700 across the board
Total CL: $275k
Message 4 of 11
New Contributor

thanks for the info Smiley Happy

i believe there was another post did the same thing, and believe they have him a cli on a 300 line to 7000 for converting to the flex perks
CSP 10k 0 Discover It 7.8k AmazonVisa 3k Freedom 1500 US Bank Cash Rewards 1500 BofA123 3300 SallieMae 3800
Message 5 of 11
Regular Contributor

I've had the unsecured card since April of 2009....the larger card since September of 2013.

Sept 2013 eh? ;D

Sorry..I'll go back and fix...I meant to say 2012. Smiley Embarassed

Message 6 of 11
Regular Contributor

@rustystick wrote:
thanks for the info Smiley Happy

i believe there was another post did the same thing, and believe they have him a cli on a 300 line to 7000 for converting to the flex perks

Wow! thanks for the info! 

I'm a bit worried because I have been ignoring my US Bank cards since they didn't offer any rewards. I think I'll convert the smaller card for sure, just to see what they offer.  The Flexperks card is definitely a Signature card right?

Message 7 of 11
New Contributor

Yeah.. Simular underwriting as cash +

-_- just called and said im not elegible for upgrades yet.. guess i'll call back in a few months and try again

@charyot77 wrote:

Hi Fico Forum Friends!

I need some advice on getting a US Bank product change.

I currently have 2 credit cards with US Bank:

US Bank Platinum: $300 CL (it used to be a secured card but now its unsecured)

US Bank Platinum: $4000 CL

I was told that both cards are eligible for a product change to either a Flexperks or a Cash+ card.

What would you do?

I was thinking of having them convert the lower limit card to a Cash+ in hopes that maybe they would raise the limit (I thought all Cash+ cards had to be Signature Visa cards) but I'm not sure if that would actually work.

I was hoping that someday they would drop the APR on the $4000 card so that it would become my "emergency/carry a balance over several months" card but the APR will be as high as reward cards when the introductory period is finshed.

I'm not sure if I want the Flexperks card. I think I would prefer cashback over points that can be diluted.

What does the fico family suggest? Cat Embarassed

Message 8 of 11
Regular Contributor

I just called and had the $300 card upgraded.

The woman said it would definitely be a Cash+ Visa card but when I asked if it would be a "signature" card she said "it will just be a regular card". I think I just ended up speaking with one of the US Bank reps that wasn't super knowledgeable about the different Visa cards.

She said I would get the same credit limit and that I could it "apply" for a credit limit increase. I think I'll wait to see how this $300 "signature" card checks out.

Message 9 of 11
Established Contributor

If you don't qualify for the Cash+, then they offer you the regular card. Usually your balance has to at least be $5000 before you get a Siggy, unless things have changed. My FlexPerks bal was $8000 when I pc'd.

Starting Score: TU 686 EX 641 EQ 690
Current Score: TU 779 EX 767 EQ 740
Goal Score: 800 Club

BCE $12.5K, 5/3 Sig $10K, Wally Discover 10K, Cash+ $9K Sam's Discover 10K, Freedom $6K, Zales $5.5K, More $5K, Cap one $5K, Barclay 2.5K, Household Plat $1.5K, Household Gold $1.5K, Credit One $1K, First Premier Plat $.675K First Premier Gold $.65K
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.