I would accept the slate offer. in my opinion its better to have it and not need it then to need it and not have it. There is no annual fee and 15 months is plenty of time for you to get some extra things with your home in order. my opinion.
Wallyworld, I was also thinking about implications after we move into new house. My issue with that is if I get card now, I won't have 15 months to float any new expenses. If I wait to get the card after everything is done, I will have extended time to pay whatever expense off.
But, who is to say that there will be a 15 month offer this time next year.
I feel like I keep talking myself out of getting the card, but I'm just trying to analyze both sides.
I guess it comes down to whether I want to keep the $$ and spread balance across 15 months or just pay it off. I'm leaning towards getting the card because it will help to pad our savings account, but I'm afraid of how long it will take for my scores to rebound from the inq/new account hit.
I do understand your concern. whatever you decide keep us posted its always a give and take in scenarios like this.