tag
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

Re: Need advise for Amex application for Jan 2015

@lg8302ch wrote:

@Kenny wrote:

@red259 wrote:

@Kenny wrote:
Closed the Delta skymiles in preparation for a revolver app in January. (Thinking the ED might be the card to go for... might do EDP if the first year is waived and the bonus is good enough. I haven't researched enough to know which one is best for me as of yet.)

Don't think they waive the first year for everyday preferred. I'm not sure what the breakpoint is for when the EDP becomes better than the ED. The signup bonus isn't normally that great either. These are cards you get because you want the cards long term for the earning potential. These are not the type of cards where the value lies in the signup offers. 

Right. I looked at them, and looks like the Everyday card makes sense for me in January. The EDP doesn't to me, at all. Can't understand the 95 AF on it. Not sure. Still have a good bit of time to further narrow the choices down.

Same for me but the ED is a nice card to keep the MR points "alive"  .. personally I am waiting for the 30K SPG offer to come back and this hopefully at the beginning of the year and not towards the end....want some backdating and not further kill my AAoA..lol

It's hard to evaluate the value of edp because there really isn't standard cake for 1 MR.

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 21 of 22
red259
Super Contributor

Re: Need advise for Amex application for Jan 2015

@mongstradamus wrote:

@lg8302ch wrote:

@Kenny wrote:

@red259 wrote:

@Kenny wrote:
Closed the Delta skymiles in preparation for a revolver app in January. (Thinking the ED might be the card to go for... might do EDP if the first year is waived and the bonus is good enough. I haven't researched enough to know which one is best for me as of yet.)

Don't think they waive the first year for everyday preferred. I'm not sure what the breakpoint is for when the EDP becomes better than the ED. The signup bonus isn't normally that great either. These are cards you get because you want the cards long term for the earning potential. These are not the type of cards where the value lies in the signup offers. 

Right. I looked at them, and looks like the Everyday card makes sense for me in January. The EDP doesn't to me, at all. Can't understand the 95 AF on it. Not sure. Still have a good bit of time to further narrow the choices down.

Same for me but the ED is a nice card to keep the MR points "alive"  .. personally I am waiting for the 30K SPG offer to come back and this hopefully at the beginning of the year and not towards the end....want some backdating and not further kill my AAoA..lol

It's hard to evaluate the value of edp because there really isn't standard cake for 1 MR.

Assuming you are going to redeem for travel (redeeming for cash is just a waste with this card) it will depend on the travel partner, but you can average it out to about 1.8 cents per point. This isn't exact science, but this is the figure I have most often seen used. 

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 22 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.