cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need assistance with Chase Freedom credit approval.

tag
sn00ks120

Need assistance with Chase Freedom credit approval.

So, I'm 19 years old and I have no credit what so ever. I have no loans, or a car payment (saving for a car as we speak) and I have a debit card. I read a couple of threads that said people have gotten approved for Chase Freedom with no credit.  I'm looking for a credit card to just build a credit history and I was wondering the odds of me getting approved for a Chase Freedom. I already applied but I also read about how these people who got approved had gotten approved after reconning. So I initially expect to get denied but should I reconn? And if so, would it be possible for me to get approved even for the littlest amount possible? 

Message 1 of 35
34 REPLIES 34
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Need assistance with Chase Freedom credit approval.

@sn00ks120 wrote:

So, I'm 19 years old and I have no credit what so ever. I have no loans, or a car payment (saving for a car as we speak) and I have a debit card. I read a couple of threads that said people have gotten approved for Chase Freedom with no credit.  I'm looking for a credit card to just build a credit history and I was wondering the odds of me getting approved for a Chase Freedom. I already applied but I also read about how these people who got approved had gotten approved after reconning. So I initially expect to get denied but should I reconn? And if so, would it be possible for me to get approved even for the littlest amount possible? 

Welcome to the forum

Chase likes to see one year of history before granting credit however there have been rare cases of approvals with limited history .

If denied by all means attempt a recon Chase is very recon friendly.

I think your best bet at this stage is establish your CR and a secured card may help in this process. Use it for 6 months and then try for other cards.

Are you a student? If so Citi Foward has a card with less approval requirement.

Just a few ldea's to think about.

I'm also going to ask the MOD's to move your post to credit card forum for even more feed back to get you quicker responses.

Good luck and best wishes, hope to see more of you around here.

MOD'S can we please move to CC forum to help OP........Thanks 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 35
sn00ks120

Aw thank you very much that was sweet of you!!

And no I'm not a student at the moment. I went to school for esthetics (skincare) and before I make any rash decisions on colleges I want to make sure what I want to do before I blow money on any colleges. I just wasn't sure if I should reconn if I have no credit history what so ever. I did read they are reconn friendly but are they reconn friendly enough to possibly accept me for the lowest limit due to my circumstances? 

Message 3 of 35
sn00ks120

Aw thank you very much that was sweet of you!! And no I'm not a student at the moment. I went to school for esthetics (skincare) and before I make any rash decisions on colleges I want to make sure what I want to do before I blow money on any colleges. I just wasn't sure if I should reconn if I have no credit history what so ever. I did read they are reconn friendly but are they reconn friendly enough to possibly accept me for the lowest limit due to my circumstances? 

Message 4 of 35
myjourney
Super Contributor

@sn00ks120 wrote:

Aw thank you very much that was sweet of you!!

And no I'm not a student at the moment. I went to school for esthetics (skincare) and before I make any rash decisions on colleges I want to make sure what I want to do before I blow money on any colleges. I just wasn't sure if I should reconn if I have no credit history what so ever. I did read they are reconn friendly but are they reconn friendly enough to possibly accept me for the lowest limit due to my circumstances? 

Yes they are I have seen cases of this so always, always ReconSmiley Happy

If it comes down to it and they say No by all means ask for the smallest limit and a chance to be with the bank you always wanted to be with ....Hint Hint

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 5 of 35
sn00ks120

Lol is it seriously that easy? I mean what are the odds of them saying yes to a response like that? I just don't want to get my hopes up:-/

Message 6 of 35
myjourney
Super Contributor

@sn00ks120 wrote:

Lol is it seriously that easy? I mean what are the odds of them saying yes to a response like that? I just don't want to get my hopes up:-/

Every case is different but Chase is just Recon friendly YMMV=your mileage may vary 

But i'm wishing you the best and have my fingers crossed for you

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 7 of 35
sn00ks120

Thank you so much I really appreciate your knowledge!! And thank you for the well wishes. I know I'll get denied so when I reconn is there anything specific I should know? You can clearly tell I'm new to all of this!!

Message 8 of 35
myjourney
Super Contributor

@sn00ks120 wrote:

Thank you so much I really appreciate your knowledge!! And thank you for the well wishes. I know I'll get denied so when I reconn is there anything specific I should know? You can clearly tell I'm new to all of this!!

Be polite during recon....answer any questions they ask and never ever take no until they just say there's nothing I can do....and then try one more time the next daySmiley Wink

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 9 of 35
sn00ks120

What kinds of questions do they ask?

Message 10 of 35
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.