Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help on CC terms

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Need help on CC terms

Hello everyone,

I need a little help on cc terms I saw on a family member's credit report recently:

1. Account closed at credit grantor's request

Does that mean the CC company closed it because possibly they weren't getting paid?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Need help on CC terms

As long as the card shows no lates or charge off, it could simply mean that the credit grantor closed it for inactivity or a myriad of other reasons.  The reason for the card closure doesn't factor into the FICO score but could cause raised eyebrows on a manual review.

Message Edited by Brammy on 10-05-2007 04:22 PM
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Brammy,

There were lates on the negative items:CCs, some pretty lengthy, so that's why I thought the CC companys closed the accounts.  After reading the text on the site alot of stuff about my family member's situation is making more and more sense.

Thanks!
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

The CC company definitely closed the accounts. whether due to the lates or a change in creditworthiness is anyone's guess.  The comment itself doesn't affect the scores but the lates definitely do.  Your relative couldgoodwill the company and ask that the lates be removed.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.